Eden:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greed's Quest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

Male Virgo Posts : 129

Greed's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Greed's Quest   Greed's Quest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Jen actually forgot about their quest for a moment, her eyes widened and suddenly she got nervous looking around the room. "Maybe we should see of any of these guys can help us." Jen offers realizing they would probably not make it to the top alive. As she considers other options Healer steps into the room. "Here is some clothing, its old but it should still cover yourselves." She drops two simple tunics made of a hard leather. "Chief wants to speak to you when you are done dressing, after that we will consider feeding you." As nice as Arrow seemed Healer was much less trusting as Jen quickly clothed herself, the outfit was much too large and awkward but it adjust itself when touching her flesh turning soft and stretching to the floor. Her and Healer both had the same surprised look on their face. "What a unique ability." Healer mutters it seemed anger was floating in her voice as she shoos them outdoors heading back to one of the corpses on the bed to prepare for a burial.

Outdoors a man stood above the others, not physically he was barely 5'1" but you could feel his presence over the other people everyone treated him with the utmost respect not a single person disobeying his word. Jen was curious why everyone followed him but it was soon apparent as soon as he approached them, his voice dark and warm completely comforting. "People around here call me Chief, Arrow told me that you guys were awoken by Greed." He smiles all knowingly staring at them. "I also hear you are trying to make it to the top of the hill. He glances to the side and Jen was now dumbstruck, knowing something was wrong. "How did you know that?" The chief opened his mouth ready to cut her off but he let her finish. "We all are special here Jen, just some more special than others, and no I won't help you I do not want anything to deal with that beast, or the creatures on that forsaken mountain." another motion of his hand to it behind him his town sparkled with life. "Yes I am willing to feed you, over there by our fisherman there's a fire pit you can use." He replies to Jen once more this time not even bothering waiting for her to open her mouth. He chuckles glancing at Rubic, his smiling face seemed to imprint on Rubic's mind a face he couldn't forget if he tried. My name is Pando Rubic take care of her, shes a unique one. Chiefs words echoed in Rubic's head much like his own thoughts did a sly and quick motion put to him as Chief turns around walking away, Jen dragging Rubic over to the fire pit, fish already skewered over the fire for them.
Back to top Go down
Dragon9117
Editor
Editor

Male Posts : 59

Greed's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greed's Quest   Greed's Quest Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Rubic put the clothes on. They were slightly to small, but Rubic wasn't to concerned. He noticed how the clothes Jen wore seemed to suddenly fit to her body. Without him noticing, the shield he had been holding had disappeared. He would have prefered to keep it but he still wasn't sure how his new power seemed to work.

When he spotted the chief, he felt something was odd about him. He listened silently as the chief talked, seeming to already know the answers to any questions he had. He found it quite strange when the Chief's message played in his head. He eyed him with and combination of suspicion and intrest. He let himself be dragged by Jen without protest, still pondering exactly what was going on in this village.
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

Greed's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greed's Quest   Greed's Quest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:36 am

Jen's eyes locked with the cooking fish and took it off much to early to be considered edible, however she didn't care hunger gripping onto her as her teeth sank into the scaled fish. The second the fish reached her lips it changed, the scales merely vanished, organs of the fish disappeared with it leaving a perfectly cooked piece of fish meat skewered, however Jen did not notice at all as she quickly devoured the fish only after flushing with embarrassment. "Sorry, I haven't been that hungry in my entire life." Jen says to Rubic flustered by her sudden barbaric actions.

They were near the river, it seemed to be fresh water for it was visible the fishermen and women drinking it. Jen seemed to notice this and licked her lips approaching the water. The water was completely opaque, seeing all the way down to the bottom rocks and dirt with nothing more than a slight blue tinge. "Wow.." Jen says in awe as she drops to her knees scooping up water with her two hands smelling it before drinking slowly, savoring every drop. "What in the world is that!" One of the fishermen cried as a massive serpent bursts from the water, standing upright in the strong current of the river. At first it looked very similar to the snake they fought until several other heads exited the water showing it to be a Hydra. Almost immediately upon it surfacing one of its mouths latched onto one of the unsuspecting victims, he screamed as the teeth sank deep in his stomach and spine twisting him in the air causing his blood to spray across the area, the head leaned back letting go of him for just a second to swallow him whole completely silencing his scream. Jen backed up away from the water heading towards the camp, Arrow and the Chief were already on their way to the river, Arrow had his bow in hand, a single shot hitting one of the Hydra's in the eye, Chief wielding a rather solid wooden spear, a black obsidian tip gleamed on the end as they both approached the massive beast.
Back to top Go down
Dragon9117
Editor
Editor

Greed's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greed's Quest   Greed's Quest Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Rubic was about to approach the water when the beast arose. He was stunned. He hadn't expected anything to happen in the middle of the camp. The sight of blood was not new to him but the fisherman's brutal death made him nauseous. He wanted to run but there wasn't really anywhere to go unless he ran away from the camp. He barely noticed both Arrow and the Chief run up with their weapons in hand and was too afraid to join them in the inevitabe right.
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

Greed's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greed's Quest   Greed's Quest Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Another of its massive jaws reaches down snatching one of the fleeing fisherman, his bones immediately crack under the pressure of the mighty jaws his blood spurting out of the separation of its teeth. Thunk another arrow launched however it harmlessly bounced off the thick scales. "Arrow tell me now." Chief growls as his eyes narrows, he spins the spear dextrously with the hydra stepping up to meet him. Arrow pausing, stunned under pressure. "Uh, Arrow please I need you to tell me RIGHT NOW." Chief basically shouts as the Hydra steps into striking range. "Underbelly and eyes, scales are too thick for rocks." Arrow blurts out as he back steps out of striking range himself. Chief charges forward and just as the Hydra looks as if he was going to strike down the Chief for some reason the hydra turned, looked in a different direction, staring at Jen. "No No No No." Jen basically screams as she turns and darts as fast as she can away from the beast. The hydra screams, pain filled its voice as the spear digs deep within it underbelly Chief with a flourish backs up and watches as the lizard like creature squirms backwards but is eventually taken down by bleeding and a hail of projectiles from Arrow. "Hey Rubic are you okay?" Chief immediately run over to Rubic, seeing his stiff, fear frozen body.
Back to top Go down
Dragon9117
Editor
Editor

Greed's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greed's Quest   Greed's Quest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:19 am

Rubic stood frozen for a few more seconds before snapping to his senses and reacting to the question. "I'm...fine..." He says in a daze. He had no idea why he had suddenly frozen up. Maybe because he thought they were out of danger or because the fisherman's death had been so violent but he couldn't really say. He normally would have tried to figure out a plan but the creature had caught him completely off guard. "More importantly...how often does stuff like that even happen?" He asks curiously.
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

Greed's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greed's Quest   Greed's Quest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Chief sighed in reply not truely sure how to answer that question. "The animals of this place are dangerous and unpredictable, with the river being so wide and deep it is quite easy for sea life that can swim against the current to catch a fisherman or two." An announcement sounded throughout the camp in Chief's voice Fizz and Taro have died to the Hydra, if you wish to pay your respects we are burying him by the river And with that he turned and walked away leaving Rubic with Arrow who was shaking with rage staring at the blood stains left from the battle.
"I don't know how important that girl was to you but she ran in that direction, if you are linked at all I would follow her." Arrow says softly holding back tears as he motions Rubic away from the camp following the river just like Jen did when she sprinted horrified. Arrow turned away from the man sniffing sadly walking out of the encampment holding the bow tightly in his hand as regret holds tightly onto him.
Back to top Go down
Dragon9117
Editor
Editor

Greed's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greed's Quest   Greed's Quest Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:18 pm

"Is there no place that's safe here?" Rubic half asks and half wonders. The death announcement was sad but Rubic couldn't really bring himself to be that bothered by it as he hadn't really known either of the people that had died. He was used to seeing people that he didn't know get killed by bandits. His own lack of emotions at the outcome of the fight made him feel bad after seeing how Arrow was on the verge of tears. He felt slightly annoyed that he was going to have to find Jen. "I'll go find her..." He says mostly to himself as he started jogging in the direction that Jen had run off in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greed's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greed's Quest   Greed's Quest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greed's Quest
Page 1 of 1