Eden:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Battle for Balance [Event]

Go down 
+5
Hatch
Kira
-Reo-
Elisa
Admin
9 posters

Pick someone to do less battles then most
Huyana
The Battle for Balance [Event] I_voting_bar20%The Battle for Balance [Event] I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Az
The Battle for Balance [Event] I_voting_bar20%The Battle for Balance [Event] I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Lucifer
The Battle for Balance [Event] I_voting_bar0%The Battle for Balance [Event] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Valentine
The Battle for Balance [Event] I_voting_bar0%The Battle for Balance [Event] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rubic
 0% [ 0 ]
Riot
 20% [ 1 ]
Misaki
The Battle for Balance [Event] I_voting_bar40%The Battle for Balance [Event] I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Reo
 0% [ 0 ]
Elisa
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
NPC
NPC
Admin

Male Scorpio Posts : 216

The Battle for Balance [Event] Empty
PostSubject: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:25 pm

So we wanted to spruce things up for you guys a bit! With the idea of pushing your characters to the limits, you'll be put into a situation with another player to battle off against them. Which already sounds cool does it not? It's simple really, all the work you have to do is what you already do now, RPing! Let me give you some insight on this tournament.

What is the deal:

•Your selected character will be pulled into the Avatar Realm at any given time.
•This is random, and you will be placed to battle off with another Champion.
•Not all characters are guaranteed entry.
•Post once here, listing all the characters you wish to enter, please edit your post if you wish to change anything.

The good stuff:

•So what will you win other than an awesome fight?
•You will get a chance to get art of your character drawn out and colored by Harlot.
•The final winner will receive [two] pieces of art, one already set idea piece and a fullbody piece.
•Also Harlot will be doing random art within the contest, this will be different types of art, and you will be contacted if chosen.
•Be sure to add her on skype: BreakingTheFaith
•Her DeviantArt is here. So you can get an idea of what she offers.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://unbreaking.forumotion.net
Admin
NPC
NPC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:33 pm

How battles work in this tournament:
(IMPORTANT)

In all combat Instances you are restricted to one attack manoeuvre per post, two defensive manoeuvres per post, and three set up manoeuvres per post, you are restricted to 3 to manoeuvres per post total... Dialogue and simple gestures (Flicking your hair our of your face or biting your lip) do not count as manoeuvres. After performing these three manoeuvres you wrap up your post and end your turn.

Example (1): Ark smirked "Ok then let’s go!" He charged in with his bare fist, locking arms with the undead minion of Attrix. He thrust it into the side of a building and backed away. He dashed his way behind the other minion. Then he lifted his hand as a gun flew from Joan's hand and into his.

(This counts as manoeuvre one... it was a defensive manoeuvre that cancelled a set up by Attrix... it also transitions into the next manoeuvres which will be in a offensive style but still defensive since its not aimed at the main characters doing battle)
______
Example (2): "Block this" His gun shot a hole through the zombies head. Joan then fires a shot as well copying her masters’ movement. The bullet flew through the undead head and then hit the bullet Joan fired. The bullet Joan fired had ricochet off Ark’s bullet hitting the other undead minion in head.

(This is a Defensive maneuver used to shut down another set up by attrix this is a verry offenseive type character so his defensive maneuvers look offensive and through this a strategy is born by confusing the opponent as to which maneuver is a true offensive one)
______
Example (3): Ark then pulled Joan in front of him while facing Attrix and Yuki once more. “You were warned” He snapped his fingers again as Joan let loose another blast of a fireball this one being less intense and more concentrated on the two of them. Claws then flew from her fist and blades came flying out of her legs. As the flames shot from her mouth she went, charging in hope of cutting up their remains.

(This is the offensive manoeuvre, notice the use of the word hope... this shows that this was an attack with a chance of failure giving the opponent a chance to evade/defend... he would have to defend himself from all of the instances in this attack meaning the claws the fire and the blades... if he were to even miss a slight detail on avoiding these things his character would take damage... if he managed to somehow reply and not avoid any of these things he would be considered dead and Ark being the winner)
___
Example (4): Ark was feeling confident in his ability to make them go on the defensive. He planned to eventually corner them. Based on how much they were able to defend themselves before he knew that this wouldn't be enough to stop them thanks to that mage. He has no idea on how to really get past her other then to preserve his energy and let Joan attack them relentlessly.

(This last bit was a wrap up phrase to explain what his mindset was when attacking... this sets the tone explaining his strategy... this is also a key element in battle because with more detail comes things your opponent has to pay attention too... and if he/she pays attention to one part more then the other they may miss something gaining you the opportunity of a kill shot.
_____
Set up Example: For the sake of a Set up example (These normally happen at the start)

Set-ups are used to set up offensive and defensive maneuvers. Each time you set up you stock pile a maneuver that can be used later if it is not halted or stopped by your opponent. Set-ups are the most effective tools for winning battles because a succesful offensive set-up allows for two offensive maneuvers to occur in one turn.

A less detailed example being: Ark sets up a shield ark then attacks with a sword, ark then sets up another shield

Atrrix blocks the sword attack, Attrix sets up a undead zombie, Attrix sets up another undead zombie

Ark defends from zombie, Ark defends from zombie, Ark Attacks Attrix with sword, Ark is stabbed and killed by Attrix’s sword.

(As you can see due to Ark using his two defensive moves on the zombies Attrix succesfully landed a blow to Ark with his sword Ark had no way of defending himself and thus had to take a loss)

but say he were to use the shield he had set up earlier it would have been diffrent.

Ark defends zombie, Ark defends zombie, Ark uses shield to block sword attack.

(Now the fight can continue thanks to the set up shield Ark had prepared)

Format for Quickdraw Battle
You get two moves instead of three. You are only allowed to use one of each move. (Set up, Offensive, Defensive)

Format for Races
You get three moves, but all of your set ups must be used for movement only, your max attacks become two and your max defends become three. (The goal being to reach a certain amount of set ups without death or set backs.)

Weapon Mania
You are not allowed to use the abilities of your characters... only the abilities of the weapons you own. (Format for normal battles still apply)

Weapon Roulette
The abilities of your weapon will change, after each offensive maneuver you attempt. (Format for normal battles still apply)
Back to top Go down
Elisa
Recruiter
Recruiter
Elisa

Female Cancer Posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:23 am

Elisa Ambroise
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

Male Gemini Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:36 am

Reo
Back to top Go down
Kira
Staff
Staff
Kira

Female Leo Posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:46 am

Misaki... i suppose
Back to top Go down
http://little-lost-bunny.tumblr.com
Hatch
Donator
Donator
Hatch

Male Pisces Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:47 am

Johnny Fuckin' Riot.
Back to top Go down
Dragon9117
Editor
Editor

Male Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Rubic Klein
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

Male Virgo Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 6:27 pm

A new challenger has approached, Valentine Vyacheslav.

Last edited by Sheep on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
NPC
NPC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Az
Back to top Go down
DevilsBladeAuthor
Role Player
Role Player
DevilsBladeAuthor

Male Taurus Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Lucifer (he gonna get powned XD)
Back to top Go down
http://devilsbladeauthor.deviantart.com/
Harlot
Admin
Admin
Harlot

Female Leo Posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/bloody-harlot/13159168/
Admin
NPC
NPC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 8:44 pm

Ok so we have our challengers, now I want you guys to pick out of all of us who is going to be the one we allow to do one less battle.
Back to top Go down
Admin
NPC
NPC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 12:51 am

1. Huyana
  2. Az
  3. Lucifer
  4. Valentine
  5. Rubic
  6. Riot
  7. Misaki
  8. Reo
  9. Elisa

http://challonge.com/w5hd0tr6
Link to the brackets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Balance [Event]   The Battle for Balance [Event] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Battle for Balance [Event]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eden: :: User Information :: User Information-
Jump to: