Eden:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The coming of the Jewel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
NPC
NPC
Admin

Male Scorpio Posts : 216

The coming of the Jewel Empty
PostSubject: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 9:16 pm

As the crystal had been broken into pieces five shards had flown up into the atmosphere and tossed around by magic forces. Once shard in particular had found its way here heading towards the mountain with blazing speed, it was also on fire. As it flewthrough the air like a shooting star it fell out of the sky and plummeted towards the ground skidding across the ground killing anything that was unfortunate enough to be beneath it when it touched base with the ground. It had left several craters and managed to roll up the mountain, becoming embedded in it. 

The crystal shard was glowing vibrantly, as it was possible for anyone to see the mountain anyone who was fortunate enough to be looking at the mountain from this particular angle could see the vibrant green glow from anywhere in Eden.
Back to top Go down
https://unbreaking.forumotion.net
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

Male Virgo Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Jen was sprinting, not sure why she was nor did she care, the thought of being trapped in a town being dragged into primitive life was more than she could bear. her body eventually began to tire after a long thirty minutes of running and she stopped gasping for air collapsing over onto her knees. "What is that?" she asks looking up to the jewel her eyes sparkling as a tree leans forward to keep her from falling over obviously her ability in action. I probably should just head back... Jen thinks to herself however she couldn't cut back her curiosity, walking towards the gem the entire world around her moved out of the way, the mountain itself turned into a line of steps as she walks forward her lack of focus causing her ability to go wild.
Back to top Go down
Hatch
Donator
Donator
Hatch

Male Pisces Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:44 pm

As Jen approached the impact site at the base of the mountain the wind began to pick up, whistling through the leaf-bare trees and imparting a sudden chill upon the air. The early-evening sun was close to passing behind the enormous mountain's peak, casting a shadow that slowly spread over the sparse forest nestled among the foothills as the sky began to turn from blue to a pale orange streaked with purple clouds.

The vibrant green light, which shone like a beacon out of the shadow of the mountain, suddenly vanished as a silhouette moved in front of it. The figure obscuring the light was man-shaped, but tall, with broad shoulders and wild hair that swirled around the figure's face in the cold wind. Upon closer inspection Jen would see that the man had his back to her, and wore a black coat that billowed out behind him on the breeze. A voice carried to Jen as the winds died down for a moment; the stranger seemed to be talking to himself, or perhaps to whatever the source of the light was.

"...interesting, but problematic. I can't just let things keep going like this, there's too much-" The wind picked up again, its eerie howl obscuring the man's words again. "...no, no, this isn't right at all. I know what I have to do, but I don't like it." The figure was gesturing emphatically now with one arm, his fist clenched and his stance rigid. "The flayed skin of the world peels back to expose the mad, magot-ridden truth rotting inside. Ten-thousand years they carve upon the walls with their broken swords. I can hear it... I hear it..."
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:13 pm

Jen saw the man and immediately got scared, the fear caused the neat stone stairs she was standing on to shift back into their normal form causing Jen to fall in her face, a huge sound of rocks and gravel shifting under her feet, "Fuck" Jen curses under her breath as she claws to her feet nervously, the ground shifts awkwardly around her as if trying to figure out how to react. her eyes lock onto the back of the man and she gives a glance backwards realizing this was her last moment to leave but she continued forward, her dress ripped on her fall but the rip grew and extended allowing her leg to peek out for easier walking. "Uhh.. Hi, are you from Haven too?" Jen says out loud to the figure keeping ten feet away from the figure, another glance behind her showed her nervousness her legs wobbling awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Hatch
Donator
Donator
Hatch

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:42 pm

The silhouetted man turned around at the sound of Jen scrambling on the rocky incline, giving her a glimpse of his face. He was handsome, his features slightly drawn, with pale skin and dark hair. He looked to be in his mid-to-late twenties with an athletic, well-muscled physique. He wore no shirt beneath his coat, which was draped over his shoulders, and he was clad in a pair of loose-fitting black pants with cuffs that were rolled up to his mid-shin. Long strips of black cloth were wrapped around his left forearm and he wore a pair of wooden geta sandals that clacked faintly against the stone with each step he took.

For a brief moment the man's gaze was intense, almost hostile, but then he smiled and let out a cheerful laugh. "Oh my, no. I'm from another settlement in the western desert. I've just been traveling, looking for a lost friend." Taking a few steps down the incline, closer to Jen, the man held out his left hand palm-upward, invitingly. His right hand stayed concealed inside his coat. "My name's Johnny, what's yours?"

Last edited by Hatch on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:03 am

"Uhh I am Jen." she said awkwardly, grinding her toes into the dirt realize she was staring awkwardly at him, even through the gaze, however his movement broke her trance and she took a step backward, the sloped ground rising up to meet her feet making sure she doesn't fall. "What is that crystal you were looking at?" Jen asks curiously making sure she keeps her distance the same as before, feeling a sense of danger not only from the openness of the man but the pulsing gem behind him. "You know.. I think the people back at Haven may be looking for me I should uhh.. go to them." She said nervously however she knew no one was searching for her, nor was she just going to leave if for some reason this strange man left her alone the doubt shined heavily in her voice. While backtracking her hair receded up to her shoulders and her dress receded up to her knees becoming very loose and better for running, the ground making a very gradual slope allowing Jen to get comfortable footing every step.
Back to top Go down
Hatch
Donator
Donator
Hatch

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:42 pm

"Crystal? What crystal? There's nothing like that here." Johnny said cryptically, continuing to slowly walk toward Jen with his arm outstretched. Pebbles skittered away from his footsteps, clattering as they rolled down the incline. "If ya keep spouting nonsense like that people might start to think you're insane." Johnny's right hand finally emerged from inside his coat, clutching an ornate black war axe with a wicked-looking blade. A long chain was connected to the pommel and wrapped around his forearm. The axe was about two and a half feet from end to end, with faint wisps of glowing blue energy swirling around it.

"Now hold still... you've got something on your face. Don't worry, I'll get it off for ya." Johnny said with a psychotic grin on his face as he lunged toward Jen and swung the axe downward toward her head, clearly intending to split her noggin down the middle.

(OOC: all da love to Harlot for drawing the axe and putting up with my nitpicking about the design)
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 5:19 pm

"Your a loony, I'm talking about the crystal right beh-..." She paused as her eyes locked with the axe, her mouth went slightly agape as fear gripped her freezing her in time not hearing Johnny's rather terrible jokes. The swing looked clear as could be however the ground decided otherwise immediately reverting back to its normal form making them both suspended in mid air soon to be tumbling down the steep incline.

Jen barely managed to fall faster than the swing of the axe rolling painfully through rocks and gravel standing up and grabbing a stick off the floor widening her stance into something that obviously wasn't meant for weapon combat. "Who the.. fuck are you?" she says through splatter gasp the fall knocked the wind out of her however she no longer seemed alarmed about the situation.

(OOC: It is pretty cool, on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad would you say your nitpicking is?)
Back to top Go down
Hatch
Donator
Donator
Hatch

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 2:11 pm

"Ha ha ha! TIME TO DI- Whoa!" Johnny's swing went wide as the ground dropped out from beneath the pair, causing him to lose his footing and faceplant into the rocky dirt. It would have been comical if he wasn't trying to murder Jen.

"Ow! Ugh! Gah! Oof! Ack! Hurgh!" Rolling ass-over-heels down the mountain, Johnny let out grunts of pain as he smacked into boulders and trees on the way to the bottom. He finally skidded to a stop, lying face-down with his arms and legs outspread, and just laid there for a moment muttering incomprehensibly to himself. He pushed himself to his feet, trickles of blood running down his face and chest, and spit out an impressively large mouthful of dirt. "Ow... fuck me that hurt!" he whined, putting a hand to his spine as he arched his back with a loud crack.

Letting out an annoyed sigh, he turned his head to stare at Jen with a look of scrutiny. "Ok, so you ate one of the fruit, did you? Fine... FINE, I DON'T EVEN CARE!" Releasing his war axe, Johnny let it fall to the ground and uncoiled several feet of chain from around his wrist. With a swing of his arm he started spinning the chain over his head, the black blade slicing through the air in an eight foot circle around him. "Me? I'm Johnny Fuckin' Riot, baby! I'm here to get crunked, slap bitches, and eat waffles... and I just ran outta syrup! Gyahahaha!!"

Turning in a circle, Johnny took a step toward Jen and extended his arm, slinging the spinning axe in an arc that shot toward her chest.

((Battle Theme))
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Jen watched this whole process and couldn't help but to crack a smile the thought of him attempting to kill her made her chuckle a look of surprise when he begun spinning. Jen didn't have time to argue about how stupid he being for the axe was already spinning in her direction, the stick that was in her hand realized it was more beneficial as a shield and immediately formed into that allowing Jen to lean up and block the strike, however with the momentum a direct contact would have still split her in two, crouching, she angled the shield upward so the blade slides off taking a majority of the shield with it knocking her off her feet but slowing the speed of the spinning death drastically. a grunt of shock escapes her lips as she lands flat on her back but immediately rolling up to her feet, head spinning from lack of air and her arm throbbing from the sudden exertion put on it..

It was more than likely the lack of air going to her head, however she saw the opening and went for it, charging straight at him, the pieces left of the shield she still clutched formed into a small shiv as she dives for the tackle aiming for his shoulders to knock him off balance, eyes closing briefly as she lunges, afraid of what was soon to be coming.
Back to top Go down
Hatch
Donator
Donator
Hatch

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Surprisingly Jen's plan to tackle Johnny succeeded in knocking him off his feet, the shiv sinking an inch or so into his bare shoulder before breaking against bone. Johnny lay on his back and wrapped his arms around Jen, pulling her close so their faces were only inches apart. The axe landed in the dirt a few feet behind Johnny's head with the chain draped across Jen's back.

Johnny let out an ecstatic, almost manic-sounding laugh right in Jen's face, his mouth contorted in a huge grin. He seemed totally un-bothered by the chunk of broken wood sticking out of his shoulder and the blood running down his face and chest. "Good job missy, it looks like you got me right where you want me! But I never kiss on a first date." With his arms behind Jen's back, Johnny used his left arm to grab the chain trailing from his right wrist and attempted to loop it around Jen's throat. If he succeeded he'd grab the chain in both hands and start choking her.
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Jen dazed herself with the tackle, laying on Johnny's chest gasping for breath however even in her state she managed to reply to his comment. "How am I suppose to take you on a second one when your trying to kill me!" she said through deep breaths of air. That comment came with a price however not noticing Johnny's intentions until it was much too late, barely managing to snake her fingers in between the chain and the main arteries in her neck delaying the process of her becoming unconscious. She tried with all of her might to pull the chain away from her neck but to no avail, her head begun spinning with lack of oxygen, thoughts become unclear as her vision blurs, She leans her head back as if trying to get away from the chain but then swings it forward aiming her forehead for the bridge of Johnny's nose, with her last effort her body shakes and her mind fades to black, completely unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Hatch
Donator
Donator
Hatch

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 12:07 pm

Jen's forehead bashed into Johnny's face with a painful-sounding crack, breaking the soulspawn's nose and causing blood to pour out of his nostrils. Johnny let out a scream of pain and violently thrashed his arms, knocking Jen's unconscious body off his chest and to the side. He held his nose with his left hand, gagging and spitting out the blood that was running down his throat as he pushed himself to his knees.

"Gob damb bitsh!" Johnny shouted, touching his nose and wincing, "You messeb ub my pretty face!" Getting to his feet, the soulspawn reeled back his right foot and kicked Jen in the stomach, sending her body ragdolling further down the incline. The chain unwrapped from around her neck as she rolled, and Johnny yanked on it to pull the war axe back into his hand.

Spitting out another wad of phlegmy blood he turned and started clambering back up the side of the mountain, swearing and grumbling the whole way. In short order he made it back up to the cystal and, in a fit of rage, swung the pommel of his war axe down on it over and over, smashing it to tiny shards.

"Stupib glowy rock. Stupib girl. Stupib mountain! Fuck all of ib!" Gathering his willpower, Johnny forced open a portal and disappeared through it to go off and sulk somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Dragon9117
Editor
Editor

Male Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Rubic kept chasing after Jen for a while. He broke into a run after a few minutes of jogging. "Where the fuck did she go..." He wonders out loud. She had run off towards the mountain which was their destination in the first place, but it still annoyed him that she had just ran. His feet hurt from running on the rough forest floor. In responce to this, a pair of running shoes had appeared on his feet. They looked to be brand new and factory made, yet there was strangely no brand name anywhere on the them. Rubic didn't really have time to notice or care why his feet had suddenly stopped hurting as much though. He was too concerned over finding Jen.

Rubic eventually made it to the base of the mountain. He spotted Jen almost immediately and sprinted over to where she lay. "Hey, are you alright?" He asks as he tries to shake Jen awake. He noticed the redish bruise arround her neck and from what little medical knowledge he had, he figured someone had choked her.
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 3:12 am

Jen laid face first after the kick from Johnny and only felt herself once Rubic's voice hit her ears. Her eyes open as light blurred her vision she immediately tried to lift up her arms to block the incoming attacks she was sure to come however her arms didn't want to move, her ribs burned with pain causing a gasp to release her. "Just kill me." She growled from her throat, her lungs burned and causing her voice to be harsh, however this is the point her eye sight focused seeing Rubic. Her mouth went agape confusion becoming the immediate clear expression. "Where did that.." She immediately tried to recall the fight but she was sure she would be dead once more. "Did you?" She asked finally lifting up her arm even though it shakes almost violently just to touch his face.

"Wait.." Her thoughts buzz towards why the moment started, she tried to crawl to her feet but her body had a spasm causing her to clutch onto Rubic to get to her shaky feet. She stepped away from him collecting her balance from her spinning mind and she limped forward up the hill through many falls and scratches, but she made it and stared at the crystals that sprinkled the area. With a single touch to one of the small glittering crystals it changed into a thin band that coiled around her arm. she fell forward once more, exhaustion retaking her body after the burst of will.
Back to top Go down
Dragon9117
Editor
Editor

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 4:17 am

Rubic was momentarily confused at Jen's actions, but he quickly recovered. He tried to calm her down but it didn't help much as she rushed to her feet and nearly knocked the two of them over. "Hey wait! Are you okay? What ther fuck happened?" Rubic asks with concern as she tries to walk ahead.

Rubic chased up the hill after her. He panicked when he saw her fall but then he noticed the jewel fragments that were scattered around the area. He was immediately mesmerized by the sight. With everything that had been going on, he had almost forgot his one true past time. His favorite hobby. Treasure hunting. Without stopping to think, he grabbed a handful of the fragments, giggling with glee like a child.
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 2:31 am

Jen laid on the floor for quite a bit longer rolling onto her back, tears in her eyes but a smile on her face. She couldn't help but to chuckle at her hopelessness, no point in even trying to crawl to her feet for she wasn't going to be able to without someone. Leaning from the floor her whole body screamed with pain especially her head and ribs to the point of a physical contortion on her face a gasp of pain was released as her body set rest back to the floor, tears rolled down her eyes as leaned her head back trying to get a sight of Rubic. I want to get up, she thought to herself as the floor leaned up setting her on her feet, allowing her to brace herself while she regain her footing. "Rubic." she croaked watching him act like a child in a candy factory picking up the gems. "We got to get up this mountain, that creature is going to come at us eventually."

Jen looked awful, blood matted in her hair and her body covered with cuts, shaking just with the exertion of standing upright. Pain was obviously clouding her vision as she stepped towards him awkwardly just trying to keep her balance staring at the floor, her feet makes deep imprints in the floor helping stop her shaking. She tripped forward on him accidentally knocking him over, her mind going in and out of consciousness. "Rubic what should we do?" She whispers as she falls off of him, laying on her side.
Back to top Go down
Dragon9117
Editor
Editor

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 2:57 am

Jen's words seemed to snap Rubic out of his childish state and he turned to look at her with a large clump of gems in one hand only to be knocked over and causing the most of the gems to fly off again. With their new close proximity, he actually noticed how bad of a state Jen was in. She was far worse off then he had thought. He got up with a more serious expression. "I don't know, but we need to get to the top of this mountain somehow." He sighs. He took one of the gem fragments between his fingers and examined it more closely. "Just what are these anyway..." he wonders aloud.
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:53 pm

With the sudden realization that Jen was in a rather brutal condition continuing up the mountain would be suicide, leaving their only option to return to Haven before night fall. They were immediately approached and greeted however everyone seemed to be on edge, like something terrible happened right before they left. Jen went to the medical ward and was assisted by Healer, but the wounds were much too great and healing them all at once would cause Jen's heart to merely stop due to the stress of pain. The healing process took little over two months, Jen was fairly bed ridden the entire time leaving Rubic plenty of time to meet people and learn their behaviors.

He understood the toxic behavior of Arrow, it soon became aware that everyone he was close to was dead not only was it that way in his life before but even his life in Haven was filled with the constant death of friends he made in a desperate time. He started to recognize abilities and rely on others to some extent becoming a part of the city itself. However people went missing quite often, it seemed every month at least someone would just mysteriously vanish and no one would talk about that person ever again.

But even through the strange behavior, Rubic was tied to the town due to Jen realizing even though she may be useless he couldn't afford or bring himself to abandon that frail woman. Soon they were ready, Chief came and wished them a final good bye from Haven as they set their sights on the top of the hill, A few gifts were given including some wrapped food, a bag, and from Arrow a single knife plus a threat about the undead that reside there. Heavy hearts and strong thoughts forward prepared them for the trek and to face Greed's Quest.

-Exit Scene-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The coming of the Jewel   The coming of the Jewel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The coming of the Jewel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eden: :: Eden Archive :: The Tallest Mountain-
Jump to: