Eden:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A slow start.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
NPC
NPC
Admin

Male Scorpio Posts : 216

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:18 am

Being in an animal form was entirely relaxing, which was the way that Sloth enjoyed spending his day. Sure, being in a observing avatar was exciting and fun, and there were many humans along with other creatures to interact with, as well as plenty of things to do in terms of how to win the war, but the surrounding forest was just far too beautiful to ignore, and his inner animal was calling and coaxing him to let it free. There wasn't much convincing needed, because by the time he felt the inner beast clawing at his insides to come out, he instantly went into the forest to let that be so. His eyes would turn red, and he would begin to grow fur everywhere, his nails would blacken and he bone structure would crack as he turned. The form that he was born to take; born to be, Sloth let his beast out, and his body instantly took the physical and mental attributes of a mixed beast with shades of brown fur that went in a unique pattern along his entire body, and bright, almost silvery eyes glistened in the sun as it peeked through the trees from above.

His body was lean and slender, though the muscle that rolled beneath his skin was easily seen. In this form, he felt completely powerful over not only himself, but everything else around him. Power may not have been a complete desire for him, but he would be a liar if he denied that it felt amazing. As he stood still, his eyes closed and his toes sunk into the mushy grass, feeling the earth beneath his paws and listening to the wind whistle between the trees. The thick scent of the forest around him was thick in his nostrils, and that was one of his favorite smells. The scent of nature and the wildlife around him was almost enough to make him salivate from excitement.

After relaxing and taking in everything around him for a few minutes, Sloth finally opened his eyes, readied his body, and then took off. Strong legs kicked off of the ground, sending a few dead leaves into the air as he sent himself into a fast sprint. His mouth opened and his tongue lolled out from the side, being blown backwards from the air as it collided with his face from the speed he was running. In his human form, Sloth was able to run quite fast, but in beast form... well, it was much more intense. He felt as if nothing could stop him, as if he were invincible. Running only helped that feeling grow more and more by the second. That feeling alone was enough to make him go for a run every morning, but there were many other reasons, as well.

Sloth ran for quite some time, waking himself up more and more by the second, as well as getting in quite a bit of exercise to start the day with. Once he felt as if he'd spent enough time running, though, he had finally slowed down to a trot, allowing himself to sniff the ground and the air in attempt to catch the scent of something that may spike his interest. Food, water, anything. Whatever may get him to stay busy for at least a little bit longer, it would work. It was then that he had caught the scent of humans waking up; fresh and nearby. Slowing down for a moment, Sloth took in deeper, longer inhales to track where the scent had gone to, and once he knew he had it, he picked up speed once again to trace it. He wasn't that far off from where the humans were, actually, and as soon as it came into his sights, the beast charged forward only to discover the tree. The humans noticed him easily, and realizing that he had accidently awoken them and that he had been forced to have champions made him instantly revert to his human form. He would right away close his eyes and pass out on the ground.

His heart beat slowed to a crawl as he tried to shift focus, his omnipotence more like a curse rather than a useful tool. His brain was active but while human he had to take several moments to jump start himself. He could revert back to his beast form but that would have involved a slaughter he did not want.
Back to top Go down
https://unbreaking.forumotion.net
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

Male Gemini Posts : 210

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:52 am

Kayla stared at the darkness in her coffin only mildly confused, rather then afraid or even angry; this defiantly wasn't her cryo chamber, at least not that she remembered, after all her last memory was falling asleep after saying farewell to Zeke and his father so this confused her, but she wasn't afraid, she had been trained to suppress her fear after all, instead she was more curious than anything, and slowly she reached up and pressed her hands to the smooth cold wood, pushing the coffin open and sitting up as she glanced around the area, she had no idea what she was but she found the forest to be beautiful, much like the areas of earth that she grew up on many years ago "Where...am I?" she muttered to herself confused as she  brushed some of her long silvery-white hair from her face, it was then she noted that she was very much naked, she didn;t even have any underwear to cover her dignity, and she looked around for something to cover herself up with.

The thin silky material of the coffin was the only fabric she could find, so climbing out, she tore the fabric from the coffins interior and wrapped one large strip around her chest covering her breasts so it looked and acted a bit like a binder, and the other large strip she wrapped around her waist in a rough form of a skirt; while she was a little self conscious she knew if she had to fight her way out of here she'd do a better job knowing she was not losing her dignity in the process.

Just as he finished tying off the material around her waist a large beast burst out through the trees and she jumped back alarmed before he seemed to turn back into a human and collapsed on the floor...well, that was new. Approaching the other cautiously she crouched down and checked the other for a pulse, he had one but the beat was slow as if he was merely in a deep sleep. "Hello? Can you hear me?" She tried trying to shake him awake.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

Male Posts : 196

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:10 am

Finn awoke suddenly, hitting his head against the coffin top. "I'm alive…?" He whispered to himself. He thought for sure he was dead, it was dark, was he in a hospital? He realized he wasn't because of the small space he was in, he pushed on the sides before pushing on the top, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the brightness. He looked around to see a huge tree, and a half naked girl trying to wake someone up. This definitely wasn't earth. He felt a breeze and realized he was naked, not that it bothered him much.

"Hey…" He called out to the girl, unsure of what to say. "Where am I? Who are you?" He noticed the other unopened coffins and realized he had come out of one himself. What kind of sick joke was this? He wanted to get back home soon, but he was glad to be alive.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Kayla shook at the others shoulder but didn't seem to get anywhere with him, he seemed to be very much out cold and she sighed as she wondered what to do next, at the others voice she spun around taken aback by the others awakening, she was short, standing at around 5 foot 2 or so, and slim in stature, her appearance would make you think she wasn't very strong but appearances could be deceiving after all.

She looked him up and down curiously as if gauging him to see if he was dangerous in anyway before she sighed and let herself relax a little the other was weaponless, so if he did try anything she could easily stop him "I don't know, I am as lost as you are...my name is Kayla...and you are?" She asked, she had a slight accent though it was hard to place it, though it sounded European in nature.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 pm

"Finn," he stood up and tried awkwardly to cover himself, he was in front of a girl after all. "Are we alive, or is this hell?" He definitely wouldn't be allowed into heaven, so he assumed they were in hell. "And who's he?" He nodded to the person on the ground, he had a lot of questions. If they were alive, he wanted to get back to his family. There was so much Finn regretted and wanted to tell them, he noticed on his arms that all the cuts were gone, as if they were never there.

He looked at his arms strangely, this was either a dream, or they were in some kind of afterlife for sure.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 pm

"I'm...not rightly sure" She admitted quietly as she looked around "It seems...to peaceful to be hell and I don't remember dying" She finishes after a long moment; she had been in a cryogenic sleep when she had died, so it was no wonder she didn't even know about it. Se looked the other human over before noting he was naked which was...awkward for her but she managed to pout on a passive face "Are you just going to stand there covering yourself?" She asked with a raised eyebrow before she walked over to the others coffin and like she did with her own makeshift clothing she ripped out the material from the coffin in a large strip and handed it to him "Here its better than nothing at all" she said simply as she held it out to him "If this is the afterlife then there must be other people here"
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:31 pm

"Thanks..." Finn took the cloth and wrapped it around his waist. "Those other people are probably in the other coffins," he looked at the unopened boxes, just the thought of them holding live bodies made him shiver. "Hopefully they'll wake up on their own." He didn't want to consider the possibility that they were empty and it was just him and Kayla and the unconscious guy. Finn assumed he was the same as them and meant no harm.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Kayla nodded at that "I would presume so...I think its best if we leave them to wake up on their own" She said simply tuning her back so he could tile the material around the his waist before she eyed Sloth wearily "I would be careful of that one if were you" She said to Finn as she glanced at him then back to the unconscious body on the floor "He's not like us, I saw him, he changed from a best back to a man"
Back to top Go down
Koloss
Newb
Newb

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:41 pm

"Johanna.... Johanna, I'm so sorry... Please take care of the baby... Please know I've always..."

In his coffin Abram's body remained still as his senses slowly flowed back into him. The first to return was hearing. The voices of strangers could be hear all around him, but were mistaken for that of his crew. "Gregory! Stay afloat, we strive through this, STAY WITH JACOB I'M NOT LOSING ANY MORE OF MY MEN!" Next his sense of feeling. The boards of his coffin felt all too familiar. Thoughts of holding on to parts of his wrecked ship had filled his mind but he had yet to realize where he was. His since of taste and smell came back at once as the taste overwhelming currents of the sea protruded his mouth and nose as he desperately tried to stay afloat in it's currents. Almost immediately Abram sat up, bursting open the door of his coffin with his head. Frantically gasping for air, he clenched his heart. "JOHANNA, PLEASE...PLEASE....." Finally his sense of sight began to return. At first all was a blur. Releasing his chest, he wiped his face expecting to be cover in water, but this was not the case.

As his vision became less blurry he started to feel a sense of hope. Somebody had saved him. His crew made it through the shipwreck. He would soon see he wife once more. "Abram began to laugh almost hysterically for he had seen the two moons in the sky. Instantly he knew. He knew this was no mortal plane. His life he held so dear was no more. The hardships of the family he left behind began to fill his mind as tears fell from his eyes, yet he continued laughing. "This is it.... Death...." He tried to regain a stable composure but he had cracked. There was no stable for him anymore. Finally he saw Sloth and the tree.  Images of hellish creatures from stories his mother told him as a child raced through his mind. It was all becoming more and more clear to him. "So... Satan... maybe they were right.... maybe I was damned to hell for being a nigger lover" He thought to himself. "No... NO! No God I've lived for would punish a man for love... Just where could I be?" He questioned himself more as he was left with a blank stare as his attention was still left towards Sloth.
Back to top Go down
Admin
NPC
NPC
Admin

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:23 am

The sloth would weakly stand up as the others dropped their guards around him, he began to make his way towards the tree moving extremely slowly in doing so his movements were like that of a sloth as each foot step was silent, along with each one of his long and over exaggerated breaths. He slowly grabbed at the trees bark and pulled himself up into the tree making his way to the lowest branch. He then hung upside down with a dazed smile on his face looking down at the humans with red irritated eyes. Letting out a yawn his body then quickly jumped up to speed as he returned to a normal speed his heart rate increased, and he could move normal once more. "Ok Humans... sorry about the drag... I have issues... and my omnipotence comes with a cost I can't control... anyway... I am god... treat me as such yada yada yada... magic apple... eat it for super powers... yada yada yada... live a new life... enjoy it... yada yada yada...." He rolled his eyes as he paused for a moment trying to think of a detail he knew he was leaving out.

"Ah... yes... you are all my Champions... fight for me... in the war... that I am...." He began to slow down again with each word as he hung upside down in the tree. He let out a snore as he had fallen asleep and upon doing so his skin began to grow brown fur once more. His form changed but he remained asleep not speaking, he looked extremely peaceful in a sense.  A large tortoise then emerged from one of the coffins, "My apologies... my master has fallen into the beast sleep... he was going to say you are now his champions... warriors of sloth chosen to fight in an epic war to determine the fate of both your world... and ours..." The tortoise was carrying apples on its back as it slowly made its way to Kayla. "Take the fruit if you wish to survive... as when he awakens it will indeed be a fight for your life... a test of true power...you three must work together... or you will all surely die" It made its way from Kayla to Abram and from Abram to Finn, not leaving their side until they took an apple.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:38 am

Finn was distracted by Abram while Sloth moved to the tree. He quickly turned his attention back to the avatar as he explained, then fell asleep in the middle. His explanation didn't clear up any questions he had. Luckily the tortoise came in and finished the explaining, he took the apple when he was approached and looked at it strangely. Should he trust it? He looked to Kayla and the newcomer to see what they would decide.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:42 am

Kayla was confused; she was no believer in gods but the other was defiantly powerful that much she knew, when the tortoise came around giving them apples she took one and eyed it curiously; other the it's colour it looked no different from the apples that used to be grown indoors at home and she looked it over in her hands carefully before looking to Finn and then Abrham "I have no issue in working as a team" She said simply, in fact she preferred it that way, and she had skills from her past life that would help them survive she was sure. "I have a question though...why were we picked to be his champions? I dont even understand how I got here" She said to the tortoise gently crouching down a little to see him at eye level.
Back to top Go down
Koloss
Newb
Newb

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:35 pm

He raised a brow as the tortoise drew near recalling a book he read while at sea. "Talking woodland creatures? What rabbit hole have I fallen into?" He said to himself. Abram examined examined the people that had awoken along with him hoping they were part of his crew, if even one. Abram ignored the strangers simply out of nature. Their accent was of one he had never heard. Taking an apple of his own, he placed to his mouth, building up the courage to take a bite. "Go on now... eat it... what, will you die once more if you do?" He thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Finn heard Abrams comment and chucked, getting the reference. "If you're Alice, I wanna be the Cheshire cat." He was stingily calm in the unfamiliar environment, he couldn't sense anything dangerous. He sat on the edge of his coffin and smelled the apple, Abram seemed fine after eating it…he decided that f they were 'champions' and recently brought back from the dead, there would be no point in killing them now. He took a bite, though the taste was very bitter he took a few more bites before tossing it onto the ground.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Kayla blinked a little; she had no idea what book either of them were talking about but, no surprises there, from age seven onwards her time was spent reading military textbooks on tactics, law and sciences, when the two men ate the apple she looked down at her own and bit into it, it was very better sweet, which surprised her, but she forced herself to eat as much as she could only leaving the apple core behind. "That was...mildly unpleasant" she muttered to herself.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Finn looked at the tortoise for more instructions. Were they just free to go or was there something else they needed to know? When he heard champions Finn thought of a coliseum fight with gladiators and everything, so it seemed strange that they were told to work together and there was no one else around.
Back to top Go down
Admin
NPC
NPC
Admin

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:36 am

The tortoise slowly walked towards the tree... "So humans are you ready... or would you like more time... when you are ready I will awaken him..." The tortoise had a very mild expression on his face as if not interested in how or why his master had done things this way. The moat surrounding the tree was instantly dried up as steam began to fill the air. Slot grunted in his sleep as he was getting agitated by the voices he heard in his sleep.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 am

kKayla glanced to the others then back at the tortoise "We should go...he turns into a beast at will and I;d rather not earn his wrath" She whispered to Finn and Abram as she slowly backed away; she felt far from ready to face Sloth at the moment but what choice did they have? even after eating the furit she didn't feel any different.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:09 am

"I don't think he wants to hurt us though..." Finn didn't usually voice his opinion and quickly quieted himself again. "What do you think?" He turned to Abram for his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Koloss
Newb
Newb

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Abram shrugged and bit into his apple. "So now will this horrid dream come to an end, or are we still waiting for someone on the other side to smack me back to muh' senses now?" He said with a sarcastic tone. Part of him had yet to accept where he had wound up, yet didn't care what would happen to him from this point.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:59 pm

"Hate to break it to you, but Im pretty sure this isn't a dream." Finn knew dreams weren't this real. "Lets just go before he wakes up, just to be safe." He decided to follow Kayla's plan and make a run for it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
NPC
NPC
Admin

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:27 am

The tortoise let loose a grin, "Well you have to face him as you are his champions... he will hunt you regardless while in his beast form... so it is pointless to flee... better to face him here and prove your worth rather then make him go through the trouble of finding you" The tortoise then bit at the root of the tree and yanked at one of the roots. The tree in an attempt to protect itself then sent out several vibrations that caused the earth to shake violently, this lead to slot opened his eyes in a blood shot rage as his body immediately became cut and shaped of that of a hulking furry beast. He did a back flip off the tree and landed in front of the coffins eyeing his champions, Abram, Finn, and Kayla. He then let out a roar and began to beat his chest, the earth now shaking from his combined anger with the tree. The beast scooped kicked up so much dust with his landed that a literal wave of sand came knocking anything that wasn't magically bound to the ground buried and pushed in a tidal wave of sand.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 3:36 am

Finn tried to step back away from the now raging avatar but his foot ran into the coffin he had forgotten was behind him. When the gust of sand came he was completely unprepared and fell back into the wooden coffin, groaning at the impact. He immediately stood again and headed away from Sloth, wherever that was.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Kayla didn't understand any of this, and the tortoise didn't seem to want to give her an explination that made sense either; champions? Champions for what? Why were they picked out and how would they prove their worth? If it was true that the apples gave them powers then how were they supposed to know what abilities they had on the spot!? She looked to Finn then Abrham; she didn't know if either of them could fight, Abrham might be but Finn didn't look the type, so she stepped forward "Run I'll head him off" she said as she looked around for anything that could be used as a weapon, in the end she picked up  a long tree branch and yanked the leaves off if before wielding it much like a spear.
Back to top Go down
Koloss
Newb
Newb

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Abram's eyes widened dramatically as the beast had awoken. He fell to his rear onto the ground glancing towards the others as his body trembled in fear. "This is real.... fuck, FUCK, THIS IS REAL!" The shock wave caused him bounce slightly off the ground. "Wait, what are we to do as champions? How in hell are we calm this beast?!" He yelled at the tortoise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A slow start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slow start.   A slow start. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A slow start.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next