Eden:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To The Ocean

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

Male Posts : 196

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:22 pm

After a while more of walking the trees thinned out and the grass turned to sand. Reid had been to the sea before, but this was different, it was so, empty. Unlike the beaches with children playing and building sand castles there was no one. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore was deafeningly quiet and calming. He looked to Reeve and sighed. "I think we can relax for a bit."

Last edited by Stars on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

Male Gemini Posts : 210

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:30 pm

Reeve looked out at the shoreline; he;d only been to the beaches a few times in his youth, he'd always enjoyed looking for shells and sea life in the shallow pools that the low tide left behind. He felt drained, weary even and he ached all over he didn't want to tell the other but he might have a bit of a temperature too; brushing it off he nodded "Its so quiet here...I don't hear any animals nearby...so think we;ll be safe" He said as he sat himself down in the sand trying not to wince as his injured shoulder got jostled; they'd been so focused on walking that Reeve hadn't had time to patch up his shoulder wound, and he hadn't wanted to do it while Reid was awake.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:54 pm

"You should sleep," he sat next to Reeve and stared our across the water. "You're hurt and tired, I'll watch for anything." He wondered if the water was salty like the ocean on earth or even safe to drink. If they were lucky they could find the river that drained into it, hopefully with fresh water.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Reeve wanted to protest but he really did feel tired...maybe if he just rested his head for a few hours he'd feel better and then he could take over the others watch and patch himself up. Letting out a quiet yawn, he nodded "Aright, wake me when its my turn" He said before he lay down and curled up, pulling the fur over himself as he drifted off to sleep to the sounds of the waves gently lapping at the shore.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Reid was glad Reeve didn't argue and got comfortable on the sand, every once in a while glancing back to the tree line. He was sure that if anything really dangerous came he would be able to hear it, so he let himself relax.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:00 pm

When Reeve woke up it was from another nightmare but this time he felt like crap, his body ached his head felt fuzzy and he really felt like he wanted to throw up "Reid..." He croaked softly as he made an attempt to sit up, but he found his body was heavy and it was hard to move.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:12 pm

"Hey Reeve." Reid scooted closer to the male and helped him sit up. "You okay?" He almost seemed worse than when he went to sleep and Reid was concerned. He was all sandy so he brushed some of it off of him.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:41 pm

"M-Mhmm jus' really tired...Ill be okay" He croaked out softly but he knew he wasn't, this wasn't the first time he'd had a fever, he knew enough to feel the symptoms at least but he didn't want Reid to worry even more then he already was. Dragging the water skin into his lap he untied the end and took sips of the water with a sigh "How long was I out? You see anything around here?"
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 pm

"Nothing really, everything's pretty quiet actually." He picked a few grains of sand out of Reeve's hair then ruffled it. "You should'v slept in the grass."
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Reeve blinked at that then he smiled a little at the others words "Yeah maybe Sand isnt too comfortable to sleep on, gets everywhere" he agreed "Well if its quiet here, then we can find somewhere good enough to make shelter, start making a home for ourselves...maybe if we find other humans they'll come join us as well" He said as he brushed some of his hair out of his face
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:37 pm

"Yeah…" Reid thought back to all the people they had woken up with but had went their own way and hoped they were all okay. "I hope you know how to build a house because Im not exactly experienced in that field." He just felt more useless, its not like they had a hammer and nails either.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:45 pm

"Well, when was a runaway I'd make makeshift shelters with a bunch of other orphans, we were sort of a gang until I found an orphanage that would take me in, not exactly carpanrty experience I know but...we'll just have to make do with what we have, I can be resourceful when I have to be" He said softly "You should rest, I'll keep watch" He said; though he felt exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 pm

After a moment of thinking about what Reeve had said about his past, Reid agreed to sleep, though not for long. Unlike Reeve he moved to a grassy area and laid down, "Wake me up if it starts to get dark." He didn't want Reeve alone, but especially not in the darkness.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Reeve nodded at that as he followed after him he gave the other the fur and sat on the grass as he watched the sky hazily, ones Reid was asleep he inspected his wounded shoulder, peeling away the fabric from his shoulder he winced at the sighed of it, it was oozing blood and other liquids that he knew wasn't a good sign, looking back at Reid he stood heading over to the shore and after ripping some strips of cloths from the cloat dipped them in the water and attempted to wash his wound clean hissing as he did so.

ce he cleaned it the best he could he tried to wrap it up before covering it again; he still felt weak and dizzy as he headed back to Reid as he sat next to him...and at some point he must have fallen asleep but he didn't remember it.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:30 am

Reid opened his eyes and saw it was dark, he quickly sat up only to notice Reeve had fallen asleep next to him. He sighed in relief and laid back down, facing the other. He noted how labored his breathing sounded, and put a hand to Reeve's cheek to feel it was hot, even in the cool air. He had a fever, that was for sure. He didn't want to wake the other up but decided he needed to cool him down. He slid off the cloak to see makeshift bandages covered in blood, and thats when he understood. The only time he wasn't there was when he lost himself to the chimera, and if Reeve had gotten hurt from something else he wouldn't keep it a secret. He hurt Reeve. He left his chest open to the cool air and pressed a cold hand against his forehead, it would have to do in the place of ice. He felt so guilty, it was all his fault, Reeve could die from it. Reid tried to hold back his tears and watch over the other.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:35 am

Reeve let out a soft groan his red eyed cracking open weakly, he didn't realize it was dark at first and sounded confused as he felt something cool on his head and reached up to touch it "Huh?" He felt the others fingers before realizing who it was "Reid...what are you doin'?" He murmured softly his accent becoming more pronounced with his exhaustion and made an attempt to sit up but his body left like it was made of lead and he couldn't do more then raise his head off the grass a few inches before he flopped back down "Tats not...a good sign" He mumbled softly.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:42 am

"Why didn't you tell me?" Reid asked shakily. He didn't know what else to say. He couldn't believe he had made Reeve walk all that way with such an injury. He brushed Reeve's hair away from his eyes and made him look into his face for an answer. If he had been told he would have…no. There was nothing he could have done anyways. Maybe thats why it was kept a secret.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:52 am

Reeve offered the other an apologetic smile, he knew he'd get figured out eventually, he just hoped to keep it hidden a little longer "Cause I knew you'd feel bad about it...you shouldn't though, it was my, dumb idea to get you, to shift when you weren't ready" He murmured softly his eyes eyes fluttered a little as he attempted to stay awake, he just felt so tired though "I tried to clean it...using the water guess it was, already infected by then" He whispered before he squinted in an attempt to get his eyes to focus on the others face "...Why are you cryin'? I'm okay" He said softly
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:14 pm

"If you die…its gonna be all my fault." Reid used both his hands to wipe off his now freely falling tears. "I don't want to be alone…I don't want to lose you." He knew there was nothing he could do, just wait and hope that it healed with time.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Reeve shook his head a little at that "I am not...going to die" He said softly "I just need to keep...warm and let it work out on its own" He murmured softly before he shifted closer to the other his eyes drooping closed again "I'm thirsty...need to drink a lot so I don't, dehydrate" He muttered, it took a moment for him to think of the right words his mind feeling as sluggish as the rest of him "And you gotta, keep me warm okay?" He croaked softly without medicine his chances of surviving dropped a lot but Reeve wasn't about to give up, not now.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:12 pm

"Warm?" Reid frantically covered the other back in the cloak but his hands were still freezing and his face burning. He picked Reeve up and carried him beneath a small tree for at least a little cover from the wind. He sat leaning against the tree and put Reeve in his lap, holding his hands. It was going to be a long night.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Being moved made the other feel horrid, as his body trembled a bit as he was moved under the shade of the tree and he curled up tightly as he fought to get comfortable "Thanks" he murmured softly as he buried his face under the furs as he got settled, before he fell asleep again. Most the day was like that for him, drifting in and out of sleep only waking up to get water or eat small pieces of meat where he could, and at night the fever got worse as he temperature spiked.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:38 pm

It was painful to see Reeve so sick and not be able to do anything but watch. He knew it was his fault. Why couldn't he protect Reeve? He didn't care about himself, he would do anything to make Reeve feel better. When the other stirred from his sleep again he snapped out of his thoughts. "Are you thirsty? Hungry?" They were running low on water but he wasn't going to tell Reeve that.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:51 pm

Reeve shook his head; he didn't want to drink too much, once they were out that was it they;ld have to find a river for more fresh water, hopefully this water wouldn't try to burn them alive "'m okay...i'll be okay mama" He said softly as the hallucinations started to set in "Don't get upset..."
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:03 am

Reid decided not to tell Reeve he was seeing things that weren't there and just went with it. "I'm not upset." He rubbed Reeve's back in hopes of soothing him. "Just go back to sleep."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To The Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Ocean   To The Ocean Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To The Ocean
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eden: :: Eden Archive :: The Sea-
Jump to: