Eden:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A blind leap

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

Male Scorpio Posts : 153

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:44 pm

The night was still young, an early 6PM, only just beginning. random pebbles of land began to appear from the sky raining dirt and gravel towards the ground. As time moved on the chunks grew bigger and bigger. Eventually bodies too would begin to fall out of the sky one by one. First Reox, then Reid, then a dead Chimera. They all appeared one after another falling from the sky and towards a sandy and hard surface. Maria was the last to fall, she bluntly landed on her back and looked up at the sky in a very reasonable amount of pain. She did not cry though she simply winced. All in all she was happy none the less, she had been given a power that she saw as extremely useful. Rolling over, short brown hair followed behind the female as she got up from her landing zone, stretching her arms into the air for a moment. Glancing backwards to look at the sunset, she sighed slightly as it was becoming night. After being in this new land for a couple of hours now, she had felt as if those idiots back home still just didn't know how wrong they were about the after life.

Making her way towards Reeve, the female got down on her knees to attend to the male and in her softest voice she asked. "Are you ok" Her face was slight smudged with dirt, and her brown eyes were doing their best not to look him in the eye. She had knew she fucked up, and to make matters worse her teleportation was extremely bumpy all considering. She wasn't ready to hear him retaliate against her so the moment she caught him breath and slight movement she moved on to Reid. She shook him a bit nervously, and saw that he was alive as well. She got back on her feet and looked out towards the horizon once more. They were at the top of a canyon, looking down you could see a small river surrounded by trees, but the drop to get down there looked and felt endless, and upon closer inspection you could see that the river was boiling hot, possibly because this was the great divide in the planet, where the continental shelves were doing their job.

Within the next minute or so, Maria felt a small quake in the earth. It was odd to her, as she had never experienced an earthquake before. Oh, she still had issues completely running every last little detail, though for the most part, the rocky area was elevated so she figured she would be safe here. The earth shook again, and this time pieces of the canyon began to fall towards the center of the canyon and descend unto the long drop into the boiling river.
Back to top Go down
http://zirexz.tumblr.com
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

Male Posts : 196

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Reid opened his eyes but stayed on the ground. his butt hurt from the fall, maybe it wasn't a dream…He looked to his side and saw Reeve, so he sat up and saw Maria by what looked like a cliff. Suddenly the ground shook and though he had heard of earthquakes before he had never experienced them. "Thanks, ummm whats your name again?" He asked maria, if it wasn't for her they would probably be getting eaten at the moment. Reid looked around to observe the area and saw there was nothing special, thankfully a couple small trees that they could take wood from to start a fire, but it wouldn't last long.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

Male Gemini Posts : 210

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:18 pm

Reeve winced and felt all the air leave him as he landed hard on his side; he as pretty sure he'd bruised s few ribs but otherwise he was unharmed; he had been more than a little dubious about the others teleporting abilities; even though he had seen her do so behind the alpha chimera he still wasn't sure if she would be able to teleport herself and two others with her; still they hadn't had much of a choice other then walking blindly in the thick forest with its overgrown trees and there was no way all of them could chary the dead chimera which they had agreed to use as food (Though Reeve as reluctant to eat it they did need food to survive and it was dead...)

Sitting up slowly he grunted and rubbed at his side which throbbed and ached in protest at the feel of the earth shaking and rumbling under them; he'd never experienced an earthquake before, but he had heard of them and this just seemed like a mild tremor to him. He got slowly before he looked over to Maria and gave her a weak smile; he had been angry with her at first but now he knew she felt bad and was trying to make amends and he respected her efforts. "I'll be okay, I'm just a little bruised, but I've had worse" He promised her as he got to his feet before walking over to Reid "You okay?" He asked, offering him a hand to help him up.

Once they were all back on their feet he took a look around his surroundings they seemed to have landed on what looked like the end of a huge canyon to the west of them and large mountains to the east "We should try and find a river and make camp near it" He said softly; that as always the first rule of surviving in the wilderness; finding a freshwater river so you had a constant source of water.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 pm

Reid took the offered hand and stood up. "I'm fine, you two are the ones who aren't. Doesn't it make you tired to use your powers?" He agreed to go along with whatever Reeve and Maria decided, he grew up in a time where people had absolutely no need to know things about survival in the wideness so he was completely without knowledge in the subject. Though it was obvious they needed food, water, and a place to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:43 pm

Maria nodded, "Well there is a river just down the cliff... I could possibly attempt to teleport down there... but because I don't know the distance... I could actually end up really hurting myself in the process to add on to that I do feel a bit of fatigue" She was confident in the simpleness of her power... she chose a direction and she went there, the physics aspects of it were simple enough but distance on the other hand was not something she was good at unless she could see it in front of her. There was no way for her to know just how far away from the tree she had teleported their group of three. The thought of climbing down frightened her, because if she were to slip and fall that would be the end of her. Another tremor followed and Maria lost her balance. She dropped back to the ground, this was certainly not something she could see herself getting used too, and that quake made her feel even more uncomfortable with the thought of climbing down. "You don't suppose we have any other options rather then me teleporting or us climbing down do you?" She was trembling, if she had to say she was afraid of anything it was definitely falling to her death.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Reeve walked over to the edge of the cliff and looked around spotting the rive far down below in the distance and was quiet for a long moment as he thought of what to do next; he didn't want her to use her powers and hurt herself in the process but at the same time the climb down looked more then a little perilous, and they had no climbing gear nothing that would stop their fall if they slipped. He looked to Maria she looked a little worn out from the jump and it was no surprise; their powers were still new and he couldn't expect her to take them down there right away.

Reeve know that they would need to head down there eventually but now they were out of the forest and away from the other chimera's, they didn't seem to be in much danger "We will need water eventually but there's no rush Maria, you should try and rest and get your strength back, we can make a fire here and cook some of the meat from the Chimera before we move on, that might be able to help you get some energy back" He said to her before he looked to Reid "We should make a fire and find something to cut up the meat with, Reid can you gather up some branches and twigs?" He asked the other with a sweet smile without any of the normal tools he was used to, so he went looking for a rock or a sharp piece of slate to use as a knife.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:16 am

Haru nodded and began the short walk to the trees he had seen earlier. The first one was about a half meter in diameter and had a nice sized branch at eye level. He tried to pry it off the tree and ended up using his whole body as a weight before it snapped and he fell. Again. "Ouch…" He rubbed his sore butt and decided to use a different method for the next branch, twisting it back and forth. He eventually came back to where the Chimera was with five good sized branches and an armful of smaller twigs. "I hope this is enough…" he spoke to no one in particular, if it wasn't enough they would need to cut down the trees.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:31 am

Reeve had done his fair share of camping out back in Ireland when he'd been on the run from his family and especially as an adult when in America and he had nowhere to stay but he was still a bit rusty as this, he looked at the twigs and branched Reid had found and nodded "That should do for now, do you know how to build the fire?" he asked, he didn't know if Reid or Maria had any survival skills and if not then he felt the need to be their teacher for now; he didn't mind it though just so long as they were together and were a team.

He found a sharp piece of slate and did his best to make the edges sharp bit using another rock to hone the edge of it before he took off his shirt and cloak and approached the dead chimera and began to hack away at the chimeras thick fur careful to keep the pelt in one piece as they could use the large fur as a blanket or clothing later on, once the fur was removed he began slicing into the creatures body and cutting off chunks of meat lying the bloody slabs on large leaves he had laid out to keep the meat from being dirtied by the rough ground.

By this point his pants chest and arms were coated in the chimeras thick, sticky blood and he had some smeared across his cheek; he could defiantly do with water to wash himself but it; could wait until they had eaten.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:56 am

"…with a lighter?" Reid asked sarcastically, it was how he lit everything, cigarettes, the fireplace, candles. Obviously they didn't have one so he was out of ideas. "Something about rubbing sticks together?" He recalled hearing about it briefly somewhere. "Or was it a magnifying glass?" He tried not to watch as Reeve pulled apart the animal like, well, an animal. He was covered in blood and Reid wished he had something to wash him off with. "A hose?" he chuckled to himself. "Need any help?" since he obviously didn't know how to light the fire he figured there was at least something he could do to help Reeve with the Chimera.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:33 am

Maria made her way towards the wood that Reid had collected and sighed, "This may be enough to cook a few parts of the the chimera... but what about keeping us out of the dark... we should keep watch over each other" She took a bit of the wood and pulled out her string once more. She then used her string against the wood to cause a rapid friction like effect. This eventually lit the wood on fire. She smiled as it worked with no issues. She then grabbed one of the slabs of meet and layed it next to the fire. She had it as close as possible without it actually burning the leaf that it was on. She stared at the flames for a moment slightly depressed as she was realizing she had a moment to think about everything she had that was now out of reach.

Originally Maria did not care too much about those who died in her life, that is with the assumption that all of the people who died in her life she would meet in the afterlife. Now that she was finally here, and she saw no one else from her family. She stared at the flames getting lost in its wonder. "so... I died in my sleep... I was really sick, while traveling the sea" She curled up into the fedal position and just stared. "What about you guys..."
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:42 am

"Hmm" Reid stared into the red flames that licked at the sky. He would have to get Maria to teach him how to start it later. "I'll take the first watch." He was already useless as it was and could at least guard them. He would say he was taking the first watch, but he didn't mind staying up all night. "Who knows? I have no clue how I died, not that I mind. Life wasn't that great anyways. How did you die, Reeve?"
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:52 am

Reeve was glad Maria at least knew how to make a fire, and while Reid didn't have any survival skills he was sure the other would be a quick study when it came to this sort of thing, once they had the meat by the fire while it cooked slowly he listened to hoe aria died; her life must have been so frustrating to have been so young but so frail, unable to leave her bed and unable to do anything to stop it; he certainly felt for her "Well it seems fate has dealt you a better hand this time around" He said to her with a smile.

He wondered how Reid could not know how he died, it was certainly unusual, but he supposed if he hadn't expected it, or it have been a sudden, quick death then it makes sense he wouldn't remember how or why. When the question was directed at him he blinked and looked up at the sky thoughtfully as he pondered on how to answer this, before he sighed.

"Well...I got shot during the riots in New York, the rich were leaving the poor in the dirt, leaving us sick and desperate, especially immigrants, we couldn't take it anymore and fought back...wound up getting shot, seven times, and I died in the steps of an old church" He said softly "I remember...an old hound, must have been a stray, he came to me and licked my face, then curled up to lie with me, so at least didn't die alone" He said softly as he traced patterns in the dirt with a bloodied finger "always did find kinship more with animals than humans...animals don't judge you for having red eyes, they don't throw rocks at you and call you the devils whore" He said softly, not looking at either of them.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:09 am

Reid decided not to talk about the sad parts of Reeves past, and instead focus on the good aspects. "You lived in New York? Did you see the twin towers? Im so sad I never got to see them in person…" When Reeve talked about his red eyes Reid realized he hadn't paid much attention before and walked in front of Reeve to see his face. "Woah! you really do have red eyes, thats so cool! Have they always been red?"
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:37 am

Reeve stared at him confused "Twin...towers?" He asked hesitantly a little confused; he had no idea what those were, of course none of them had realized yet they they had been born at different times, some from the far past others in the far future, depending on each persons point of view "What are the twin towers? We have nothing like that in New York" He said before he nodded "I was born in Ireland but I moved there as soon as I was old enough and had enough money,...was told it was a paradise...but it was a lie"

He had kept the bangs of his hair long to try and shield his eyes from people, it was a habit really, from a distance and overshadowed by his hair, they looked a light brown or even a reddish brown, up close and in the light there was no mistaking they were a blood red colour. He was surprised at Reid's reaction mainly because it was positive and he just stared at the other as if he;d grown another head, before he realized he was being more then a little ride and coughed softly "Ah, sorry I just... I mean..." He stuttered before his cheeks flushed pink a bit in embarrassment "Yes I was born with them as far as I know"
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:49 am

"You know, the twin towers, they were built in 1970. So thats where your accent is from! Ireland, i should have known. I can't believe you never saw them, two huge towers? Ive only seen pictures though. Have you heard of them Maria?" Reid couldn't help but laugh a bit at Reeve's blush, it was so out of character and unexpectedly cute. "Sorry, your eyes are cool, I'm jealous." He hoped Reeve wouldn't take it the wrong way and be offended, he didn't mean anything bad by it.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:51 am

Maria sighed, "The land of new york is completely foreign to me... I have never heard of it" she took a single finger and jabbed it into her slab of chimera meet. It was still pretty rare, as the blood dripped onto her finger. She first wiped it into the dirt and then wiped the remains on her shirt. It was slightly awkward for her. She couldn't help but notice her eyes were extremely heavy the fatigue had hit her harder then she originally thought. She rolled over hearing Reeve talk in the background but in the end his words fell onto deaf ears as she fell asleep. Passing out it was clear the conversation kept going in her mind, but everything was definitely twisted.

(I am going to bed for the night, but left it open to where you guys can keep posting and then just wake me up when I come back)
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:14 am

Reeve looked up at him as he explained about the towers and how they were built in 1970, which was way ahead of his time as he had died in the 1920's so it was no surprise he'd never even heard of such a building. When Reid explained the date it alarmed him a little because how was that even possible? True he expected the others in the group to be from different countries...but different time lines as well? "Reid...I don't know how to tell you this other than in the bluntest way possible but...I was born in 1896" He said slowly "When...when were you born Reid?"

At the others compliment on his eyes he looked away from the other as he flushed even more; he wasn't used to compliments on his eyes, even offhand ones "Thank you...you are very kind Reid" He muttered before he spotted Maria slumping over and falling asleep where she lay, so he stood and walked over draping his cloak over her so she'd keep warm before he sat back down occasionally using some sticks to turn the meat over as it cooked; even if they didn't eat it now they could wrap it up in leaves and eat it later.

(So cute >w<)
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:34 am

"I was born in 1958…you were dead before I was even born." He did some quick math and realized clearly nothing added up. He was going to ask Maria when she was born when he noticed she had fallen asleep. "Were probably all from different times…I wonder if someones from the future? Well, I guess I'm from the future to you. How old are you, Reeve? I'm 22." Nothing made sense, but then again it wasn't like anything had made sense before.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:45 am

Reeve nodded slowly at this as the other began to realize what he did; that obviously they had all come from different times and brought here for one reason or another, though he didn't understand; why him? Why out of millions of people was here here chosen and gifted with a second chance at life? He could think of better people that deserved such a thing, purer people with no blood in their hands like he did...if this was down to god then the deity's actions confused him, and if it was these avatars the corpse had spoken of then they confused him even more because he wasn't deserving of a second chance, not really.

"Well not too far form the future at least, only 30 years give or take...don't think missed all that much in 30 years...did I?" He asked the other with a faint smile as he brushed some hair over his eyes in a self conscious and habitual manner "I'm 26" He said with a smile, glad to know he wasn;t that much older then the other.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:40 pm

(Wanna do a time skip?)
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:11 pm

"A lot changed pretty quickly during that time, the internet and everything…sorry, Ill try not to confuse you." He frowned when he found out how much younger he was, disliking being younger and weaker. "I wonder what the world is like now, without us, I mean." He didn't have many people he was attached to but he hoped that no one was too sad that he had passed on, he wasn't worth crying over anyways.

(If you want to, I don't mind. Reo?)
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:40 am

Reeve blinked at him looking more then a little perplexed when the other mentioned something called an 'internet' he had no idea what it was but it sounded very odd to him, still when the other told him things had changed he felt curious about what he had missed "Why don't you tell me about it? curious to know what am internet is" He said with a soft smile as he checked the meat "The food is cooked if you want some" He said softly; the meat was still hot and dripping with fatty juices, but they'd be able to pick away at it using their fingers without much of a problem.

(Sure I guess, we can just say Reeves and Reid talked throughout the night about the future and gazed longingly into each others eyes...okay maybe not the last part :p)
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 2:29 am

((maybe that last part…Xp when should we skip to?)
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 3:29 am

(Hehehe, I guess we could skip to the next morning I suppose, then they cam make their way down the cliff and reach the river and maybe find a place to start making a home for themselves)
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 3:48 am

(okay, Ill make the first post since I kept watch)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A blind leap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A blind leap
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eden: :: Eden Archive :: The Divide-
Jump to: