Eden:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A blind leap

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

Male Posts : 196

A blind leap - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:53 am

"I'm sorry…"Reid wished he could do more, but he really was useless, Reeve obviously needed more than a hug at the moment. There was nothing more he could do at the moment so he just let the older male cry and rubbing his back soothingly. It was a slightly awkward position but Reid ignored it, he hoped this meant that they were closer now. He hoped that maybe he could tell Reeve about himself someday, but not anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

Male Gemini Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 4:48 am

Reeve took some time to gather his thoughts and calm himself down; he felt bad for dumping a massive emotional load on Reid but he had needed to get it off his chest for years and the other was bound to ask him about it eventually, it was only a matter of time before his nightmares came up in conversation, he just didn't expect this to happen so soon.

"...sorry" He said as he pulled away from the other rubbing his very red rimmed eyes "Your the first person I've ever told about that...I guess had it bottled in for too long" He said softly feeling even more awkward and embarrassed than before; he was a 26 year old male for gods sake not a kid!
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:41 pm

"It's okay, you needed to tell someone. Besides, I would have made you tell me sooner or later." He reluctantly let Reeve pull away and rub at his eyes. "Don't rub at them! They'll just get more red..." He was staring to feel like less of a friend and more of a parent to Reeve. He looked to Maria who still hadn't woken up and wondered if he should wake her, but decided to wait until Reeve had completely calmed down. "I forgive you, you know. You had a reason."
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:41 pm

He felt like he was a kid all over again as the other scolded him and he nodded leaving his eyes alone, though they were still a little red and teary eyed; he had really needed to get that off his chest and he wondered if Maria would be as forgiving or as kind as Reid had been to him, he honestly wasn't sure; while he trusted aria to have his back in a fight he really didn't know much about her to gauge how this news would affect her "...Your very kind Reid" he murmured as he looked to the other "I don't feel like deserve your forgiveness...but thank you anyway" He with with a faint smile.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:27 pm

"c'mon," Reid placed his hand on Reeve's cheek and wiped away the wetness that remained on his face with his thumb. He held Reeve's face so that he had to look in his eyes. "Its not your fault. Understand?" He wanted Reeve to know it wasn't his fault and understand that it was in the past, this place was where they could start anew.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Reeve listened before he nodded; it would probably take him some time to believe it himself but if Reid seemed to understand and had the hear tot forgive him, then it gave him some hope to finally face it head on, so he could put it behind him for good "I understand..." He said softly "You're very nice you know, Im sure there are plenty of others who wouldn't be so forgiving or easy going about what I did" He said with a faint smile' now he'd gotten this off his chest and he'd had a good cry he did feel miles better about himself "Thanks for uhm...letting me cry on your shoulder...I haven't done that in a long time" he admitted feeling a bit shy at the moment though he wasn't sure why.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:39 pm

"I think we should wake up Maria now and get going, if thats okay with you." He was glad reeve opened up to him but they couldn't just sit around and talk all day. They had to find somewhere safe to stay for…a while. "Is your foot okay? Do you think you can walk on it?" He didn't have confidence that he was strong enough to carry the older male but he could at least let him lean on him.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

Male Scorpio Posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Maria weakly opened her eyes, having a decent rest, she slowly got up a bit of drool hanging from her lips. The ground surely was no bed, but that was one of the better rest sessions that she had compared to most. She let loose a yawn, as she used her hand to cover her mouth and looked at Reeve and Reid as they were about to wake her up, "So is everyone well rested" She asked, shaking her head and patting her clothes down. She got up on her feet and pointed in the direction she had come from. "Cause I know what our next move is for sure and I am confident we will find less earthquakes and better forms of survival there" As she spoke another quake happened, this time it was still subtle rather than explosive. It still made her as nervous as all the other had before hand, Weary of when another quake would happen.
Back to top Go down
http://zirexz.tumblr.com
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:20 pm

"I am, but we won't be able to go very fast. I'll help Reeve walk but it will still be pretty slow. What did you find yesterday? What happened?" Reid hoped Maria wasn't hiding an injury. He was still a little sore himself from changing into a bird. He looked to Reeve, hoping the journey wouldn't be too hard for him and jumped slightly when the earth began to shake again.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 5:41 pm

Reeve smiled faintly and nodded "should be okay, if start to struggle ll just use you as a crutch I guess" He teased with a slight grin; feeling much better after the rather heavy subject matter they had just dealt with. He waved to Maria woke up and told them they might have a new place to stay which was a relif; it wouldn;t be wise to stay here much longer.

"Don't worry about me, my foot doesn't hurt as much as it did yesterday, with any luck it will stay that way" He said though he would defiantly be grateful for Reid's help on the way "Yes, you were gone all day and night, where did you go? Dod you find anything interesting?" He asked her curiously.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Maria nodded with a wide grin on her face. "A small hill that permits entry and exit of the cavern, it is easy for me to teleport all of us over it and easily explore more land, I did a little exploring myself and discovered a non volcanic lake, that runs into a river that I think leads into the ocean... we should be able to set up a permanent camp site there as the soil is good... the only issue I found was a tiny problem nothing too major in my opinion" She said spoke hesitantly on the issue not wanting to bring up the topic of dinosaurs that used the path she found to exit and enter the canyon. She pulled out her bamboo canteen and began to drink from it having grown quite thirsty. She guzzled about have of her water down and let out a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:22 am

"Why don't we get going then?" He planned to make Reeve rest when they got there. He wished he had some kind of knowledge about plants so maybe he could find a medicine. His power wasn't much useful for anything, especially since he couldn't control it at will. He ignored the part about maria saying there was a problem, Reid assumed it was no big deal and they could fix it once they got there. "Can you do it now or should we let you rest some more?"
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:51 am

Reeve raised an eyebrow at the 'minor complication' she mentioned and exchanged a look with Reid; he supposed if she thought it wasn't anything too serious then they should get moving "Sounds a lot better then staying here at least" He agreed; gathering up his stuff he wrapped his cloak back around his shoulders and used the large fur he had used as a blanket as had make shift bag for the wrapped up meat and water skin "Lets get going then before this place decides to erupt again"
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Maria nodded, grabbing a hold of both of them and teleporting them in the correct direction. They appeared from nothing blink after blink with flashing light. She began to slow down after her 9th blink and did one more with short distance as she began to tire out. "Ok from here we walk and by the time we get to the cliff, we will teleport over it" She took her bamboo canteen and scooped up some of the warm water into it. She shook it up a bit to mix some of her cooler water with and then took a gulp. "Its just down the river so we just have to follow it and hope that the minor problem doesn't show up" She let out a uneasy chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:58 pm

Reid moved to help Reeve walk, putting Reeve's arm over his shoulder and his arm around his waist. "If I were stronger I would carry you," He hoped Maria would be okay walking on her own, she seemed to be pretty tired from teleporting them so much. He also hoped the problem, no matter how 'minor' didn't show up at the moment, because they weren't exactly prepared to fight anything.
Back to top Go down
Sheep
Staff
Staff
Sheep

Male Virgo Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:19 pm

As soon as Maria awoke high above a shadow appeared floating in the clouds, a single bird soared high in the sky and at first it did not seem like a issue, making circles in the air around the group nonchalantly. However it was soon was completely noticeable for it never left them, even when they were on the move, a stalker, the bird judging on the distance was massive easily able to keep up with them with its colossal wings never stopping for food or water.

[Don't worry about waiting for me, I won't reply for a bit.]
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Reeve had a feeling they were being followed even as they did teleportation jumps, the feeling never really went away; sure he had noticed the shadow of a bird on occasion but he hadn't really paid it much notice, let alone figured out it was the same creature that was stalking them; he always liked to trust his gut instincts though and decided to keep on the look out in case anything did try to attack them, he hoped his second attempt at communicating with animals would be more successful then the first time.

Reeve nodded the walk down river shouldn't be too bad; while his foot itched and ached, the burns seemed to have scabbed over and covered themselves in blisters; with the bandages acting as padding and with Reid being his support he followed Maria as they followed the river downwards.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:20 am

Maria looked around as she felt they were getting closer to their destination; she looked around as if she was looking for a marker. A clue to indicate that this is where they were heading, As they came upon the exiting cliff Maria looked to the river to see the dead remains of a dinosaur she had killed and eaten. This alerted her to this being the spot, noting the narrow path in the mountains she had discovered before. She jumped up and down and stretched her legs outwards. "Ok let’s go" She said with a grin as the little problem she was worried about was no longer an issue, or so she thought.

A loud Roar could be heard of in the distance as a herd of carnivore like reptiles was heading in their direction towering above the trees. The ground shook in their wake as they had not stopped searching for food before leaving the area to look elsewhere. Maria let out a panic expression as she grabbed Reid and Reeve and teleported them towards the exit. "We have to move if those things catch our scent we could be in danger" She expressed her concern and then began to run through the small cavern within a cavern making her way to the safer area.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:46 am

Reid flinched when the roar reached his ears, it obviously came from something big, and angry. He carried as much of Reeve's weight as he could, hoping he wasn't in pain. "Is this the 'minor' problem you were talking about?" Reid could barely keep up with Maria and doubted they could run for long.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 6:19 am

Reeve jumped in alarm at the loud roar and exchanged a disbelieving look with Reid before he began running himself; it hurt like a bitch to do so and he was pretty sure he burst some of his blisters but he did not want to see what the 'minor problem' was face to face "You have a weird idea of what is a minor problem Maria!" he called to her, feeling a tiny bit panicked as he fought to catch up to her.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Maria stopped running as the caught up to her and grabbed both of them by the shoulder teleporting once more. They reappeared inside of a cave that only had a small shimmer of light, coming from the outside. She let out a sigh and whispered "No one make any loud noises and we will be fine!" She said as she peeked through the hole to see if the Dinosaurs had past by them yet. It was a nice little cubby of a cave surrounded on all sides with no possible way to get in other than by teleporting or shape shifting into sometimes small enough to slip into the hole. This was indeed calculated by Maria as she watched the dinosaurs catching their scent. Sadly for the beast the trail would vanish from that spot thanks to Maria's Miracle.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" He asked in a hushed tone when they were safe. It would have been a nice thing to know, he helped Reeve to sit down and saturday next to him, once ring how long they would have to hide. "Are we even close to the place?"
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Reeve was glad when they seemed to be in a cave out of sight and sighed in relif at that before "Thanks" He said to Reid, before he crawled to the edge of the entrance to see what the 'problems' actually were as they hadn't caught a glimpse of them just yet and be blinked as he spotted one of the creatures, and it took him a moment to recognizer it as he;d only ever seen the bones of one once. "Is that...a t-Rex?" He whispered alarmed as he pointed it out, he them pinched himself and looked again; yup still a T-Rex.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Maria smiled and covered her mouth holding back a bit of laughing fits as she calmed down she looked over to the boys and whispered. "Well it was a minor problem because I knew how to handle it and as you saw... I handled it quite well" She then peeked out again as the dinosaurs began to move around, searching the air for the scent. A majority of them began to turn back but one of them stayed.
"Smell... Smell... Food..." The T-rex then crouched down and pressed his nose against the shallow mountain wall. He had picked up some kind of scent and backed away slowly. He then charged towards the wall and put all of his weight into slamming his head into it. The other Dinosaurs left him behind as he alone had found them and intended to eat them as soon as possible. "FOOOD" The Dinosaur yelled in his native tongue as he kept smashing against the mountain suspected what ever he was after was right behind the wall.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Reeve faceplamed a bit at that "You managed to take care of yourself just fine, but I dont know if i can talk to dinosaurs, I mean sure they're animals but-" He let out a sigh as he watched the T-rex before he blinked as it charged the wall trying to get at something, and he as relieved to find he could understand it "Food?" He blinked before he looked over at the bundle where all the meat they had collected and stored was and wondered if that as what it had sniffed out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A blind leap
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eden: :: Eden Archive :: The Divide-
Jump to: