Eden:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A blind leap

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

Male Gemini Posts : 210

A blind leap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 1:02 am

Reeve looked at him with a faint smile as they walked together across the hot sands and back to the cliffs, climbing up there was a bad foot was not going to be easy for Reeve expectedly without shoes but he didn't complain as they began to climb up the few feet they had to in order to be safe. "I think you changed because it was survival, instinct even,you changed into a form that you would be able to help you avoid danger" He pointed out "You probably just need some practise that's all, once you get the hand of it you could turn into all sorts of creatures...maybe it doesn't just stop with creatures either maybe you could turn into different people" He suggested.

Once they made it to the ledge Reeve spread out the fur and hos clock so they had something to lie on; the cliff overshadowed the ledge they were on leaving then in the cool shade which was a relief after what had happened earlier. "You should sleep I'll keep a watch out, but think the animals here will a avoid this place entirely" He said softly as he let his legs dangle over the edge of the ledge as he watched the scenery absently.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

Male Posts : 196

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 1:11 am

Reid's arms screamed in protest as he not only pulled himself up but carried part of Reeve's weight as well. He sighed when they made it to their destination and crossed his legs. "Who knows…" He wanted to keep watch himself, but he could barely keep his eyes open by now. He was useless, and so was his power. So far he had used Reeve and Maria's powers and knowledge to survive and when he finally discovered his it was only useful to himself. "Your…foot…" He began to say something about Reeve's injury but fell asleep mid-scentene, his head knocking against the older males shoulder.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:09 am

Reeve smiled a bit "We'll figure it out, we have time for that, and if it makes you feel any better I think your power is way better than mine" He reassured the other as he continued to look out for any sign of monster or Maria for that matter; his foot throbbed in pain but he;d admit he'd had much worse that this in the past, so long as they took care of the wound, kept it dressed and clean, then it wouldn't get infected.

He blinked when the other mumbled something and fell asleep on him, quite literally in fact, he bit his bottom lip as he restrained himself from laughing in case the other woke up and gently he manoeuvred the other into lying down; they didn't have any pillows so he let the other use his lap and draped the large fur over him just in case he got cold; at some point during his watch, he wound up playing with the others hair without thinking about it; his mother would do it to him whenever he was upset as a child and it would always comfort him and help him sleep.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

Male Scorpio Posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:30 am

Maria began to teleport further away from the beast whatever it was she had no clue. While she was attempting to get away she noticed the trail of blood and decided to go after the pig. She jumped behind some bushes and waited, as foot steps grew closer. A single Giant foot step with claws the size of her entire body landed right next to her as a loud roar echoed through out the woods. "These are creatures of legends!" She thought. Standing before her was a giant T-rex, a beast of giant size. She panicked trying to think of a simple way to get away, but the T-rex was already on her scent. She teleported to the top of the trees to see if she could get away that way, but she could still hear that dinosaur following her scent.

Thinking quickly she took a few of her strings and tied them to the top of a tree, afterwards she then took a dive towards the river. She did this in hopes of it masking her scent, she did not dive directly into water but instead closer to the shore. When she did, a few dead pigs had washed up on the sand clearly from the geyser explosion from earlier. She sighed, but a easy meal was a easy meal. She picked up three of the piglets and tied them to her bamboo staff. She then thought about making her way back to where they were or trying to find a way out of the cavern, that was when it dawned on her that it might have been easier to just get on the other side of the canyon rather then trying to walk out of it in a simple way, in order for them to do that, Maria would have to teleport them back to the top and then back down again on the other side. She looked around and then noticed a decline in the Cavern, a weak spot for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://zirexz.tumblr.com
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:20 am

Reid had a dream, not about a significant life event like people usually would in his situation. It was about one of his old boyfriends, Sam was his name, he was the same age as Reid, they were both 20 at the time. He had a nice family, a good job that paid well, and a nice personality. He was always quick to say 'I love you'. They met through a mutual friend and quickly found out the other was gay. It was extremely difficult to find another openly gay person during that time because there was so much prejudice so anyone Reid found who was interested he gave them a chance. There was nothing special about the dream, it wasn't a memory, but he and Sam just talking while drinking coffee, about current events and weather. But it was the end that made the dream more than just a meaningless dream. Suddenly it was as if Sam wasn't Sam at all, but Reeve, with his dark hair and gleaming red eyes.

He was woken from his sleep by a faraway noise, and surprised to find his head was resting on Reeves thigh. He quickly sat up, embarrassed, and with a slight blush fixed his hair that had been played with. He didn't know what had woken him up, but he felt much better after his sleep, no matter how short. "How long did I sleep?"
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:42 am

By the time Reid woke up the sun as starting to set over the horizon, the sky turning from blue to a bright orange and blood red; Maria had been gone for quite a few hours and he was seriously starting to worry about her and hoped she'd make it back on her own alright and in one piece; he was already injured, they'd be stuck if two of them wound up getting hurt.

he other suddenly jerking awake snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked at him "Sorry, did I wake you?" He asked hoping he hadn't as he hugged his arms to his chest a little embarrassed; true he hadn't even noticed he;d been playing with the others hair until a moment ago but he felt that as overstepping his boundaries somewhat. "You've been asleep for a while; can;t tell you how many hours but I imagine you good a good chunk of sleep" He assured the other.

He looked back out at the landscape "Maria still hasn't come back yet...we should light a fire so she can see where we are when it gets dark...it might attract other predators as well but I'll take the risk" He said with a frown; there was, thankfully a tree right next to them and it was simply a matter of snapping off small branches and twigs to make a small fire; following arias lead he used some thread from his bandaged to make the sparks needed to light the fire. "You hungry? we still have some of the chimera meat left" He told them other as he unwrapped the large leaf and broke the cooked meat into three pieces before handing Reid a piece of it, wrapping up the last bit, he took a bite of his own share.

Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:52 am

"I hope she gets back soon…" He saw Reeve doing something with his foot and frowned. "Don't mess with it!" He thought he was messing with his burn and possibly making it worse, he felt stupid when he realized Reeve was just pulling thread out from the bandage. He took the offered meat from Reeve and chewed on it absentmindedly. The details of his dream were quickly fading and he only remembered bits and pieces. He remembered Sam was there…or was it Reeve? Yeah it was Reeve but, what happened? The more he tried to remember the more the answer escaped him until he gave up. "If your tired you can sleep now, I'm fine." His muscles still held a dull pain but he ignored it, finishing the meat quickly.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:43 am

Reeve jumped a bit at the other scolding him but he smiled "I'm just getting some thread so I can start the fire, relax" He assured the other with a chuckle "Don't get me wrong it burns and itches like nothing I've ever felt before but unless we get some ice cold water there's not much can do about it but endure" He said simply as he ate his own meal "It's okay I'm not tired yet" He assured the other "Besides have a feeling this is going to give me trouble sleeping anyway" he said indicating his foot.

I'm glad you slept alright, I can;t guarantee my dreams will be as peaceful" He admitted; even as an adult he had nightmares of his fathers death of his family blaming him for everything, and while he began to accept he had done it out of defence he still felt responsible for it, that the blood was in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Maria was making her way back, through her short travels she was given the chance to experiment with her abilities in many many ways, but the most informative part of her experimenting was with that of other bodies. In an attempt to save herself from the dinosaur that had been near by earlier she had learned that she could teleport individual body parts away via a form of focus she had started practicing and using her string to separate the skin and the muscle. Resting on her back was a large chunk of meet with scaled skin on it. She had took a chunk from that dinosaur from earlier and teleporting with it over and over was a tire on her, but by doing this she learned that the larger the mass of things she is teleporting the more strain it puts on her. She was also pleased to discover a way out of the cavern, a small one for sure but it lead out into a barren desert with no sign of tree life, which would explain why all the wild life was here.in this single area.

She kept quickly teleporting her fatigue almost getting the better of her. Once she was a quarter of the way there she figured it was time to use her other brilliant idea... using her bamboo staff she chucked the large chunk of meet into the river and held it in place. She pushed it down far enough to where it could be boiled and burnt/cooked via the lava at the bottom. It was a lot faster then trying to cook it piece by piece near a fire. It took minimal effort to do it as well so as the dinosaur meet cooked she sat down and relaxed. "I am almost back.. but its getting dark... soon I wont be able to find my way..." She sighed to herself wanting to move but in reality now that she had relaxed it was a bit difficult to get back up again.

As the night fell the light from the lava at the bottom of the river became more luminescent, Once the meet was all cooked, Maria decided to simply follow the river as it could not lead her wrong. She ran and ran cooked meet on her back and ready to feed two people that she would refer to as her boys. She was tired for sure, but she knew for a fact she did not have long to go before she finally caught up to them.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:07 pm

"I didn't ask if you could sleep or not, at least try to! And if you have a nightmare Ill wake you up but you have to at least try." Reid scolded Reeve, he wasn't going to take no for an answer, if he laid down and closed his eyes and still couldn't fall asleep that was one thing but he had to at least try. He knew the only thing they could do for his injury at the moment was to let it be and hope his body healed it. He wished he could do something for the pain, but he was useless. "I'm sorry…I can't do anything. So please, at least try to sleep."
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:54 pm

Reeve listened as the other as he near enough scolded him and he let out a soft laugh at that; he knew Reid had a point but still... "You sound like one of my sisters when I as little trying to talk my way out of a bath" He said with a teasing smiled before he shifted down and got under the furs "I'll try but only because you browbeat me into it...goodnight Reid" He said with a sigh and closed his eyes. Eventually he slowly drifted off to sleep letting his worries fade away, at least for now.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:11 pm

"Goodnight, Reeve." Reid watched as the older male laid down and closed his eyes. He was either sleeping of faking it but either way he was resting. He hoped Maria would return before the sky became pitch black, he wondered what had woken him earlier, though it was probably nothing. He wondered what Reeve's sisters were like, probably good since they made him take baths. Reid didn't care about anyone he had left behind, they were better off without him anyway, but he wondered if there were people Reeve missed. Maybe his sisters, and family. He carefully observed Reeve as he slept, making sure he was still breathing and watching for any signs of a nightmare. He remembered that Reeve had let him lay on his leg, and since the ground was hard and cold…though it was embarrassing he moved so that Reeves head could lay on his thigh, planning to move before he woke up. Reid realized that he hadn't told the older male he was gay, but that was probably for the best since he could be homophobic. Lost in his thoughts he failed to notice that he was becoming sleepy again and rested his back against the ledge, closing his eyes and letting sleep claim him.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:32 pm

(Awesome time skippies)

Maria made her way to the camp site in the darkness and noticed the fire the lit for her to make her aware of the location. She did one final teleport landing on her stomach as if she was ready to pass out right along with them. Indeed it was because she was, she unhooked the meet she had cooked for them and set it next to the fire roast it a little more. Then she took one of the cooked piglets she had found and ripped off a leg. She was tired indeed but she was also hungry. It was easy for her to lay there while eating cooked pork. She would soon fall asleep with the bone in her mouth passing out soon after she had finished eating. She did not bother to say anything to Reid or Reeves as she was far too tired to do much of anything else.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Reeve spelt pretty peacefully for the first hour or so, he didn't stir to being moved around but seemed pretty content to use the others lap as his pillow; his dreams were nice at first he was a kid again, aged seven, alone in their ratty old garden and he was feeding the stray cats of the neighbourhood scraps of fish and bread from their paltry meal the night before, it was a nice memory as the cats gathered around him and he pet their fur and listened to them purr in contentment.

"REEVE!" He jumped the cats fleeing as his father stepped through the back door, a bottle of alcohol in one hand and his belt ready to beat him in the other; but he didn't look like his usual normal self...he had blood caked down his word gray shirt and he walked at a hobbled way as he approached the other, his face was grey and pallid as if he;d been dead a long time "YOU KILLED ME!" he screamed as he stepped closer to Reeve who as petrified with fear "YOU KILLED ME AND RAN BEFORE YOU COULD PAY FOR YOUR SINS! REPENT BOY!" His father roared flies spilling out of his mouth, before the leather belt swung down to hit him...

"AH!" He jerked awake violently sitting up as he tried to blink away the imaged of his fathers corpse walking around, and let out a shudder of horror, his body still trembling at what he had seen; the nightmare was nothing new but it still scared him shitless every time he saw it. "...Maria...your back?" He murmured softly before he notices she'd passed out next to him, he smiled weakly and pulled the claok out from under her and draped it over her body.

Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Reid felt Reeve move of of his lap to sit up and he cracked an eye open, noticing Maria had returned safely. "…did you have a nightmare?" he asked softly so he didn't startle Reeve. He wanted to ask Maria what she had found during her outing but decided to let her sleep for the time being. He felt guilty for falling asleep when he was supposed to keep watch, but nothing happened so he guessed it was okay. He hoped Reeve had woken up on his own and didn’t have a nightmare, it was less than an hour before the sun would rise on their third day in Eden and Reid wondered if things would ever get better. It was a crazy place where nothing was predictable.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Reeve as quiet for a long moment as he pressed the palms of his hands to his eyes and rubbed them irritably as the tried to expel the after images of his nightmare, he hated the nightmares about his dad, they were the absolute worst; at Reid's question, he looked to the other tiredly and sighed "Yeah...sorry, I get them sometimes" He admitted as he rubbed at his neck trying to ease the tension from it.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:11 pm

"Tell me…what happened?" He hoped it wasn't too touchy of a subject for Reeve to talk about and he felt comfortable enough with Reid to tell him. They were going to spend the rest of their lives surviving together so they might as well trust each other. Reid wanted to tell Reeve his sexuality, but if people in his time were so against it he could only imagine what people even farther back in time thought about it.
Back to top Go down
Bezyle
The Boss Man
The Boss Man
Bezyle

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Maria remained asleep for the most part, she could hear that they were awake but she was still a bit too tired to talk to them, ontop of that she preferred not waking up at all. The bone in her mouth fell to the side, she had moved her leg slightly which had caused the cook meat she brought with her to budge a little. She had tied all of the food to her body just in case someone or something tried to run off with it without permission. She was dreaming once again of her home, not where she was born but the open world that she had traveled as a hired ninja. Switching from body guard work, to simple chores. She smiled remembering all the friends she had made at the time.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:22 pm

Reeve rubbed his eyes for a long moment as the memories faded and the dream was erased from his memory "...it was about my father" He admitted softly as he sighed and flopped back down on the floor and looked out at the sky absently "...He keeps haunting me from the grave...guess I deserve it though" he said softly.
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Reid listened to Reeve talk about his dream, though he didn't give many details. "How did he...die?" He hoped the question wasn't crossing the line because at the moment he had no clue where the line was, it was almost like he was testing the limits to see how much he could ask.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 1:47 am

the brunette boy was silent for a long moment as he held his hands in his lap and said nothing for a long moment just staring out at the scenery as emotions churned within him, on one hand he was scared to tell the other the truth...but on the other he was tired of hiding his crime and he figured if they were going to start anew he had to be honest. He took a breath before he finally spoke; perhaps it was time to let himself be judged, after all he'd been running from what he had done since he was naught but a child, and it haunted him even now "I killed him" he said softly as he looked to the other "I murdered him...at age 10"
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:18 am

Reid couldn't believe it, it was a lie, right? Sure Reeve was a little dark and mysterious, but killing someone? When he was 10? "There was a reason, right?" He wanted, no, needed to know that Reeve wasn't some psycho murderer that was going to end up killing and eating him and Maria. He didn't believe this, of course, it was just…a thought.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:00 am

Reeve looked away from the other as he reached up and tugged the fringe of his hair over his eyes like he used to when feeling awkward or uncomfortable about something "Yeah...there's a reason, you sure you wanna know?" He asked softly, but the look on the others face told him all he needed too; the other wanted to know everything.

"My father...was a drunkard, he couldn't keep a job more then 6 months, spent most of his wages on booze...he hated me, and hated my mother; kept telling her she must have fucked with the devil to have spawned a child like me, my siblings hated me for the same reasons...my mother was the only kindness I ever had as a child" He said softly as he messed with his fingers absently "He beat her...and after he was done with her, he usually beat me" He said softly.

He paused his voice had a tremor in it but it was no surprise; thinking of that day scarred him emotionally and  to tell someone else of the truth after so long scared him "One day...he lost his job again, and he was so mad he beat my mother, usually he'd stop once she started begging, but that night...he kept kicking her, over and over and I was so scared he was going to kill her" He said softly "So I grabbed her kitchen knife from the old stone sink...and stabbed him in the back with it...with all the force I could...something in me had just grown tired of being indifferent, I'd had enough abuse, I was so tired of being trodden on for my eyes from my own family and from strangers...I pulled the knife out of his back and stabbed him again and again, until was sure he wasn't going to get up anymore"

He fell quiet, not looking at the other, though the faint sound of something dripping onto his fingers, hair covered or not was a clear indication he was crying. "Everyone hated me after that...and I was so scared of what might happen to me that I ran...I spent my whole life running" he murmured softly "I was a sinner from then on...I was sure I would go to hell...so why did I get a second chance?"

Last edited by -Reo- on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stars
Veterans
Veterans
Stars

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:11 am

Reid didn't know what to say, he didn't exactly have any comforting words to offer so he wrapped his arms around Reeve's hunched shoulders and hugged him. It probably wasn't the best support but it was all he could think of, he wanted to tell him everything was okay but the words got caught in his throat. The story of him getting beaten reminded him of himself, though it was obviously worse. He understood the others pain, and the only thing he wanted during those times was someone to rely on, and thats what he would give Reeve.

"It's okay, I'm here now, don't worry." He tried so hard to stop from crying himself but failed miserably.
Back to top Go down
-Reo-
Legacy
Legacy
-Reo-

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

A hug was not what he was expecting

He expected shock, even disgust from the other; after all murder was not a thing to be taken lightly in his day and age he doubted the death sentence had been appealed any as time went on; it didn't matter that his dad had deserved everything he got and was an utter bastard, Reeve still felt guilty for killing him part of that was his own doing the other part was what religion had drilled into him, even if he had done out out of love for his mother and respect for himself he still knew he had done wrong and he should be punished for it.

So when Reid hugged him, he froze not knowing what to do at first, because he expected the other to be angry or upset with him, but this acceptance that the other didn't see him as a monster and his kind words were enough to make Reeve break down into tears as he gripped a hold of the others shirt and cried, letting out soft little sobs as he buried his face against the others shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A blind leap   A blind leap - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A blind leap
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eden: :: Eden Archive :: The Divide-
Jump to: